Holmes 50 Scott 25

theguru

Absolutely at a loss for words right now and at this Scott coaching staff. The state of the program is In real trouble.  
I have never seen a group of kids and coaches so far apart on the things that make football fun.   

Hope to get some stats tomorrow on this game, I believe Scott had over 300 yards passing, Holmes had well over 300 rushing. As a Holmes fan, very glad this game didn’t come down to a field goal, was watching Scott’s kicker in warm ups and the young man was drilling them from 40 yards out. I know Scott had one pass play for 95 yards for a score. Proud of this group at Holmes, we thought this senior group should be pretty good. Home game for sure in the first round of play offs, just not sure who yet. Rumer is there is a possibility Holmes will be moving to 3A next year. Good luck to Scott, Holmes has senior night next week against Bellevue and end the regular season at Newport Catholic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It took some time for him to turn things around at Holmes but Coach Nevels is definitely doing it the right way. Two years in a row they’ve been the one seed going into the playoffs. 

@theguru said it best a few weeks back when he said something along the lines of NKY football is better when Holmes is good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Holmes had 384 yards rushing between three players. This game was close for about three and a half quarters. Holmes score keeper said it’s the first time he can remember 3 players rushing for over a hundred yards in one game, and he has kept book for a very long time.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

The outcome really isn’t a surprise is it? Just by looking at the scores this year, it was pretty expected that Holmes would win. 

The outcome isn't, but the continued downward slide certainly is.....

Expected great things from the Eric Turner hire. Could be coming, but surprising how poorly the program is playing this season considering Turner's track record at Lloyd and the strong youth program. Really thought that hire was a perfect marriage. 

Is this year just a blip on the radar and will the coming years be better? What's up with such a pass heavy offense? Is the coaching staff chemistry strong/weak? 

Fingers crossed things turn around next season for the Eagles?"

6 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Expected great things from the Eric Turner hire. Could be coming, but surprising how poorly the program is playing this season considering Turner's track record at Lloyd and the strong youth program. Really thought that hire was a perfect marriage. 

Is this year just a blip on the radar and will the coming years be better? What's up with such a pass heavy offense? Is the coaching staff chemistry strong/weak? 

Didn’t they lose a lot of talented seniors from last year?

On 10/24/2020 at 2:33 PM, BrosefStalin said:

Quote from my neighbor...

Honestly the entire coaching staff has thrown in the towel and all should be replaced, fired, the whole staff. Kids are checking out and losing faith with these coaches and system. Scott had one player transfer out from last year. Rumor has it that there may be more very soon.

Play calling is horrible, so predictable, no coaching the kids at all on the sidelines. No halftime adjustments. You can’t use the injury and being young as an excuse. 

This is the most frustrated my neighbor has been. He went to game this past week and said he would have more faith with plays being called by a mom from the other team.

• Haha 1

Happy for 

On 10/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, Pi said:

It took some time for him to turn things around at Holmes but Coach Nevels is definitely doing it the right way. Two years in a row they’ve been the one seed going into the playoffs. 

@theguru said it best a few weeks back when he said something along the lines of NKY football is better when Holmes is good. 

I would agree with @theguru on that...happy for Coach Nevels, staff, and kids! 

• Like 2

They average over 25 points a game.  They have the leading passer in NKY.  I don't think play calling is the issue.  They have nice skill players but lack the horses upfront.  I hardly doubt the staff has packed it in.  Coach Turner and Woolley are two very respected coaches.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1