Simon Kenton 27 Highlands 14

theguru

Bright spot for the Birds was Charlie Noon in the 2nd half. Hopefully they continue to roll with him. He gets a little anxious in the pocket, but what do you expect from a sophomore who has his running ability. Hopefully the birds turn it on this year, Defense wasn’t bad , but secondary gave up to many big plays. 

• Like 1

Highlands’ illegal procedure play needs to be pulled from the playbook.  

Play calling and play design had some good plays and many bad.  Good (Noon read option) bad (all the ones with 4 seconds of razzle dazzle behind the line if scrimmage for a loss). 

South and Richter looked good, they just need to be put into space a little better. Surrey was by far the most sure handed receiver, too many dropped balls by the birds. 

Congrats to SK,  they made a few big plays that made the difference. Their QB Crone  looked really good. 

14 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

I guess all the Highlands faithful have jumped ship?  Either nobody on site any more or they just don’t care?

How many times is a team going to pooch kick on you without making any adjustments?  There is that word again that seems to be missing from the Highlands coach vocabulary.

I’m an outsider, but your observation is correct. Once upon a time any HHS game thread would have generated pages of discussion.  Maybe a win will rekindle the spark here.  If not, one starts to question the relevance of the current Birds program, here at least.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

I’m an outsider, but your observation is correct. Once upon a time any HHS game thread would have generated pages of discussion.  Maybe a win will rekindle the spark here.  If not, one starts to question the relevance of the current Birds program, here at least.  

That comment is hard to believe for any long time high school football follower, but you are right. 

At least they played their studs both ways. I’ve been waiting for that for a long time.  This loss was disappointing but I saw some nice talent on the field for the Birds.  First game in a weird year with no scrimmage and limited contact in practice. Hopefully they learned from this and can move on and win. 

The seasons change fast in high school football. Six years ago I was wondering if Cov Cath was going to wither into a Bishop Brossert type of program. At that time Highlands was winning state championships every year.  Now It’s Cov Cath that are the boss of NKy. The seasons will change again.  Fort Thomas still has passion for their Birds, there just isn’t much to say right now. The denial phase is over. 

• Like 3