NASA/Space X Demo-2 Mission Launch

Getslow

Set to go just after 4:30 pm today. Had it on in the background for a couple hours now.

First manned launch from American soil since the last shuttle flight in 2011.

I'm fascinated by this. As a long-time supporter of the space program, I've been waiting a long time for this.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The future is now.

RwdO-V85amWbbFpN0e5D40w3cIPzxEIuiWPeq05QMGI.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&57a894e8

RwdO-V85amWbbFpN0e5D40w3cIPzxEIuiWPeq05QMGI.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&57a894e8

That's the interface the pilots see in the cockpit. It genuinely feels like real-life has caught up to sci-fi here.

Yes, I saw a story on TV over the weekend with the two astronauts. The reporter commented on the high tech cockpit, monitors, etc.

Yes, I saw a story on TV over the weekend with the two astronauts. The reporter commented on the high tech cockpit, monitors, etc.

If the two-part photo I posted shows up, the top one is the screens from the interface on the screen from inside the space shuttle Endeavor. That last launch was only nine years ago.

Hated to see it get scrubbed but a good call, worried about the weather Saturday as well but let’s hope!

You could hear the disappointment in the Weather controllers' voice. But he made the right call.

(I'm not sure of the title of the guys responsible for monitoring the weather)