Coronavirus Vaccine From China?

BFritz

China has some promising results for early coronavirus vaccines and, if they come up with one before us, will they share it with us? If they do, will they make us pay for it?

Will we trust it without all the stages of trials that we make vaccines go through here?

If we can't get through all of the trials here until December at the earliest (if we ever get a vaccine), would we decide that the risk is worth it to save lives? Is there a risk? Do they test vaccines for safety and efficiency as much as we do?

I've seen news where vaccines here have shown promising results in early stages but, like I said, one wouldn't be available until December at the earliest, so is it worth waiting and potentially losing more lives?

Anybody have any idea?

China has some promising results for early coronavirus vaccines and, if they come up with one before us, will they share it with us? If they do, will they make us pay for it?

Of course they do. Yes they will share it with us, but make us pay for it if we want it.

Will we trust it without all the stages of trials that we make vaccines go through here?

No, I don't trust China at all myself.

If we can't get through all of the trials here until December at the earliest (if we ever get a vaccine), would we decide that the risk is worth it to save lives? Is there a risk? Do they test vaccines for safety and efficiency as much as we do?

I don't have an answer for the first two questions. But for the third, no they don't test like we do.

I've seen news where vaccines here have shown promising results in early stages but, like I said, one wouldn't be available until December at the earliest, so is it worth waiting and potentially losing more lives?

Another tough question to answer because the numbers will likely never be accurate.

Anybody have any idea?

The bolded is the best I can come up with at the moment.

Why would anyone trust China at this point?

Maybe China knows they have to get back in good graces with the rest of the world?

Another possibility that I thought of is, let's assume that the government did create the virus as a biological weapon, would it be possible that they already had the vaccine but were just waiting to tell the rest of the world so it wouldn't be so obvious that it they created it and knew how to beat it?

Maybe China knows they have to get back in good graces with the rest of the world?

Another possibility that I thought of is, let's assume that the government did create the virus as a biological weapon, would it be possible that they already had the vaccine but were just waiting to tell the rest of the world so it wouldn't be so obvious that it they created it and knew how to beat it?

They have been researching covid in general for years. They likely have a vaccine or at least a working treatment for it. Then this new version, covid-19 was either accidentally released from their research facility or its a whole new breed of covid. Yet it's the only version of it that has crashed economies all around the world. So yeah if they have a vaccine or treatment they intend to sell them for profit.

Can imagine China having vaccine faster than what US doing. Astrazeneca says will have several million doses for United Kingdom and 100 million for US in October. Starting phase two trials now and will start production before approved. Just received 1.5 billion from federal government.

Can imagine China having vaccine faster than what US doing. Astrazeneca says will have several million doses for United Kingdom and 100 million for US in October. Starting phase two trials now and will start production before approved. Just received 1.5 billion from federal government.

It's a good time to be in big pharma.

Y'all go I ahead. Given the FDA's track record for recalling drugs after the full long term approval process and the fact that researchers never found a vaccine for SARS-COVID-1 after 13 years of trying, there is no way I'm taking anything fast-tracked. I'll wait and see what the vaccine does to people before I partake.

Ironically, the reduction in the virus cases that is allowing some places to start reopening is going to make it more difficult to get good clinical trials on vaccines. Fewer cases means fewer exposures of the vaccinated people. Some of these vaccine trials are recruiting health care workers and others more likely to be exposed to the virus to be part of the clinical trial.

Ironically, the reduction in the virus cases that is allowing some places to start reopening is going to make it more difficult to get good clinical trials on vaccines. Fewer cases means fewer exposures of the vaccinated people. Some of these vaccine trials are recruiting health care workers and others more likely to be exposed to the virus to be part of the clinical trial.

I saw where some people are volunteering and I’m sure compensated to get vaccine and then exposing them to virus directly to see if vaccine works.

I saw where some people are volunteering and I’m sure compensated to get vaccine and then exposing them to virus directly to see if vaccine works.

Testing them to see if they have antibodies before they expose them to the virus should make them pretty confident that they'll be ok (if I'm even understanding vaccines correctly).