Highlands - 2020 Schedule

Aug 21 vs. Scott

Aug 29 vs. Notre Dame (TN) (Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic at Corbin)

Sep 4 at Campbell County

Sep 11 vs. Simon Kenton

Sep 18 at Ryle

Sep 25 vs. Boyle County

Oct 2 at Conner (District)

Oct 9 vs. Boone County (District)

Oct 16 at Covington Catholic (District)

Oct 23 vs. Cooper (District)

For Reference:

Highlands - 2019 Schedule

Sep 4 - Unknown

Sep 25 - Unknown

My assumption is that these two games are both flip-flopped game sites of those games from last year, so September 4 will be at Campbell County and September 25 will be vs. Boyle County, but I've not been able to get anyone to verify that those are the games being played in those weeks.

As I said earlier this year in another thread, the schedule will be the same, but the venue will change for each. Only difference is the opponent in the bowl game.

Has the bowl opponent been set yet?

Has the bowl opponent been set yet?

Notre Dame High School out of Chattanooga, TN. It's a co-ed Catholic school about half the size of Highlands. They were 2-7 last year in Tennessee's DII-AA, which is the middle class (AA) of Tennessee's private school division (DII). In 2018 they were 9-2, and in 2017 they were 11-2.

Notre Dame played Corbin last year in the Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic and Corbin won 35-17.

Why are they playing at Scott two years in a row?

That's the obvious weak point in their schedule. Looking at the 2018 schedule, which would have been the latest season previous to their current 2 year home-and-away contracts, their non-district games were Cooper, Campbell County, Scott County, Ryle, Lex Cath, Simon Kenton, Greenwood, and Boone County.

Greenwood turned out to be a gimme win for Highlands with a long drive attached to the away game, so it made sense to drop that game. Cooper and Boone moved from non-district to district on Highlands' schedule along with the addition of Conner (they have 4 district games now instead of 2). Dixie is now on their non-district schedule, Ryle and Simon Kenton stayed on the non-district schedule, and Scott County & Lex Cath went away. Lex Cath generally tends to switch their non-district schedule up pretty regularly, so I would guess that was Lex Cath's call and not Highlands', and Scott County...not sure who pulled the plug on that one.

The bowl game at Corbin was a good challenge last year for Highlands, although it might not be so much of a challenge this year. All in all, it wasn't that bad of a replacement game on the schedule. Boyle is definitely a good challenge. My assumption would be that signing a 2 year contract with Scott was the only feasible game to fill in a vacant spot in the schedule. I'm assuming the Birds will have someone else on their schedule in Scott's place come 2021.

That's the obvious weak point in their schedule. Looking at the 2018 schedule, which would have been the latest season previous to their current 2 year home-and-away contracts, their non-district games were Cooper, Campbell County, Scott County, Ryle, Lex Cath, Simon Kenton, Greenwood, and Boone County.

Greenwood turned out to be a gimme win for Highlands with a long drive attached to the away game, so it made sense to drop that game. Cooper and Boone moved from non-district to district on Highlands' schedule along with the addition of Conner (they have 4 district games now instead of 2). Dixie is now on their non-district schedule, Ryle and Simon Kenton stayed on the non-district schedule, and Scott County & Lex Cath went away. Lex Cath generally tends to switch their non-district schedule up pretty regularly, so I would guess that was Lex Cath's call and not Highlands', and Scott County...not sure who pulled the plug on that one.

The bowl game at Corbin was a good challenge last year for Highlands, although it might not be so much of a challenge this year. All in all, it wasn't that bad of a replacement game on the schedule. Boyle is definitely a good challenge. My assumption would be that signing a 2 year contract with Scott was the only feasible game to fill in a vacant spot in the schedule. I'm assuming the Birds will have someone else on their schedule in Scott's place come 2021.

Scott was a 4a region semi-finalist last year, and gave Highlands all they could handle for one half, played mostly without their best player. Scott is not going to be patsy this year either. It’s not nearly as bad as game as you think it is. 10 years ago absolutely it would have been (although they were in the same district then).

Scott was a 4a region semi-finalist last year, and gave Highlands all they could handle for one half, played mostly without their best player. Scott is not going to be patsy this year either. It’s not nearly as bad as game as you think it is. 10 years ago absolutely it would have been (although they were in the same district then).

Yes Scott was definitely hanging around and not a pushover at all last year. Highlands had a few first string guys out for that game as well, notably the QB. I was mainly wondering why both this year and last were at Scott instead of alternating locations.