nWo

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd say OKC takes that crown.

They, Kansas City or another midwestern city would have been my guess as well. Just seems from memory that Nashville has had some bad ones. Maybe I just notice those more due to Nashville being closer to home.

They, Kansas City or another midwestern city would have been my guess as well. Just seems from memory that Nashville has had some bad ones. Maybe I just notice those more due to Nashville being closer to home.

Probably. They are the closest big city that has pretty significant severe weather on a somewhat regular basis.

The top ten cities from the Weather Channel. This list is from 2013

1. Huntsville, Ala.

2. Jackson, Miss.

3. Birmingham, Ala.

4. Tuscaloosa, Ala.

5. Little Rock, Ark.

6. Tulsa, Okla.

7. Oklahoma City, Okla.

8. Atlanta

9. Wichita, Kan.

10. Nashville, Tenn.

They just showed a graphic on The Weather Channel showing that Tennessee, Arkansas and Kentucky lead the country in night time tornadoes. 46% in TN, 43% in AR and 42% in Kentucky are night time tornadoes.

Makes sense. A lot of these severe weather systems seem to really intensify during the afternoon hours in the midwest or Gulf areas and either move east or northeast our direction. Generally they would be losing strength by the time they get here during the nightime hours, but it makes sense that is the reason we get more of them at night.

Prayers for those affected.

I grew up outside of Memphis, and we had a number of tornadoes during my time there and they are terrifying. I had one, and a smaller one at that, hit 50 yards from my apartment and moved away one of my last years there...it twisted the wires around the electric poles, blew out the back of Wendy's 100 yds. away and picked up the top of a pizza hut (during dinnertime) next door to the Wendy's and put it in the parking lot, and there were only minor injuries miraculously.