Will LSU go back to being LSU after Joey B. leaves?

newarkcatholicfan

I asked this question to NKY by mistake in another thread. If you haven't watched the LSU-Bama game; go back and watch it. JB is playing on an historic level right now. It easily reminds me of Cam Newton and the magical season that Auburn had in that one year. If the question is if LSU is about to make a Clemson or Bama type run; then that answer is no. JB makes plays period, and they no system around can duplicate what he is doing. Are they gonna be in the conversation for the CFP? Yes they are; but they are pretty much always in the conversation.

I asked this question to NKY by mistake in another thread. If you haven't watched the LSU-Bama game; go back and watch it. JB is playing on an historic level right now. it easily reminds me of Cam Newton and the magical season that Auburn had in that one year. If the question is if LSU is about to make a Clemson or Bama type run; then that answer is no. JB makes plays period, and they no system around can duplicate what he is doing . Are they gonna be in the conversation for the CFP? yes they are; but they are pretty much always in the conversation.

They were usually close to be in the conversation even when they literally had no offense. Now will the offense keep setting records after this year, no. Will they still be a spread team and no longer just run the ball every play, yes. This is going to get QBs to want to come there more now. I know Bama people won’t want it to happen, but LSU is going to be an even bigger threat on a yearly basis now.

They were usually close to be in the conversation even when they literally had no offense. Now will the offense keep setting records after this year, no. Will they still be a spread team and no longer just run the ball every play, yes. This is going to get QBs to want to come there more now. I know Bama people won’t want it to happen, but LSU is going to be an even bigger threat on a yearly basis now.

I'm a Bama guy; I've always known who our real competition in the west was. it's LSU. But I don't think LSU fans want to believe that JB is making things look a lot easier than they really are. A historically good LSU offense beat a historically bad Bama defense by 6 points. I saw the plays that he made against us and they were phenomenal. I also think Coach O is getting a lot of credit for being a really good Coach; I think the jury is still out on that. Recruiting has never been a problem for LSU. They don't have an in-state rival to compete with for in-state talent. Coach O is a great recruiter, but is he a good Coach?

I'm a Bama guy; I've always known who our real competition in the west was. it's LSU. But I don't think LSU fans want to believe that JB is making things look a lot easier than they really are. A historically good LSU offense beat a historically bad Bama defense by 6 points. I saw the plays that he made against us and they were phenomenal. I also think Coach O is getting a lot of credit for being a really good Coach; I think the jury is still out on that. Recruiting has never been a problem for LSU. They don't have an in-state rival to compete with for in-state talent. Coach O is a great recruiter, but is he a good Coach?

Well usually good coaches know when to switch a philosophy up that just doesn’t really work anymore. Realized the whole just pounding the ball on offense may win a good amount of games every year, but wasn’t going to having them playing for titles anymore doing that.

You are right they have always had talent and even had talent at WR through the years, but always decided to just pound the ball. I think you are under selling how a year like this does change things. They already get the talent, and now have finally adjusted to how great offenses are today and opened it up themselves. It is going to make it a place where top QBs also truly want to go. Plus players seem to love playing for coach O.

Their offense may not set the records like they are this year. However, their offense also isn’t going to go back to the Stone Age either.

Well usually good coaches know when to switch a philosophy up that just doesn’t really work anymore. Realized the whole just pounding the ball on offense may win a good amount of games every year, but wasn’t going to having them playing for titles anymore doing that.

You are right they have always had talent and even had talent at WR through the years, but always decided to just pound the ball. I think you are under selling how a year like this does change things. They already get the talent, and now have finally adjusted to how great offenses are today and opened it up themselves. It is going to make it a place where top QBs also truly want to go. Plus players seem to love playing for coach O.

Their offense may not set the records like they are this year. However, their offense also isn’t going to go back to the Stone Age either.

No I agree; the offensive philosophy will stay the same. I just don't think LSU fans realize what JB is doing this year. This is not just a system change; this is a QB that is reading defenses and making plays at an extremely high level.

No I agree; the offensive philosophy will stay the same. I just don't think LSU fans realize what JB is doing this year. This is not just a system change; this is a QB that is reading defenses and making plays at an extremely high level.

They have a pro QB playing college. LSU will regress but they aren’t falling off the map. Will be interesting to see how the fanbase responds to 1-2 losses.

He sure is this year! You lose a player that has a season like Burrows had and you most certainly look different. Easier to GET to the top than to STAY at the top. Injuries, early departures, transfers, etc. are a huge dynamic of continued success.