Any word in Conner coaching land?

monsoon

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am not mistaken, the wording "must be publicly posted" or "posted publicly" however the wording actually is, refers to simply posting it where it would be visible to the public if the public happen to be in the right place. For instance, most districts have a board in the central office with all vacancies that the public would see if they happen to be in there. Alot of schools have these same boards with the same listings. It is my understanding that a board in the teachers lounge would be deemed as public. 99.9999999% of the public would never see this board, however, the school system would be in compliance with the requirements. Please correct me if I am wrong but that is the way it has been explained to me and reading the bylaw. I could not get on the KED site tonight to copy the bylaw.

The principal has the ultimate say on this one . .........

He can go with the recommendation of the committee or he can make a decision that is completely independent of said committee.

He has complete authority over the process. . . . . . .

As far as the candidates . . . . .

I have heard similar to your first post, G . . . .

I have also heard about many who are interested, but just a small few who have applied at this point.

I have a feeling that most candidates will wait until the very end--which is 12/10/2006 . . .

:confused: I'm sorry QS but ultimately the Superintendent and the approval of the School Board has the final say if and when a coach or any employee is hired. I know you are close to the situation on this topic and feel you are in the know but go ask your Super. if he just lets his principals just hire coaches without running it by him. I think he might enlighten you some.

:confused: I'm sorry QS but ultimately the Superintendent and the approval of the School Board has the final say if and when a coach or any employee is hired. I know you are close to the situation on this topic and feel you are in the know but go ask your Super. if he just lets his principals just hire coaches without running it by him. I think he might enlighten you some.

It's the Principal's school. If the Super didn't have faith in the Principal to hire and fire the right people he wouldn't have the Principal in that position.

You may want to do the asking yourself . . . . . . . sometimes it is better to actually check--then speak.

The only thing that I will say is that I care about my life a lot more than yours--and I would be willing to bet on it . . .

The principal has the final say . . . . I have been around this block before.

You may want to do the asking yourself . . . . . . . sometimes it is better to actually check--then speak.

The only thing that I will say is that I care about my life a lot more than yours--and I would be willing to bet on it . . .

The principal has the final say . . . . I have been around this block before.

I'm sure your Ky Superintendent of the Year winner will be glad to hear that he has no say in this matter. And I've watched you go around the block on a few issues in the past say regarding Yeagle, Beechwood and Conner and again I will only say your loyalty is to be commended even if it is a bit onesided IMO..Enough said..Hope it works out for you..:cool:

It's the Principal's school. If the Super didn't have faith in the Principal to hire and fire the right people he wouldn't have the Principal in that position.

Principals get hired by SBDM Committees now and not by the Superintendent so it is quite possible that the Superintendent doesn't have all that much faith in his Principal at a particular school. Not saying that is true but what is true is that Superintendent Blavatt has had an issue or 2 with Principals hired at other schools in his district that he didn't approve of and ultimately has even let one of them go. He has been very outspoken in how principals are currently hired. Just look it it up. He has been quoted in the paper on the subject.

I'm sure your Ky Superintendent of the Year winner will be glad to hear that he has no say in this matter. And I've watched you go around the block on a few issues in the past say regarding Yeagle, Beechwood and Conner and again I will only say your loyalty is to be commended even if it is a bit onesided IMO..Enough said..Hope it works out for you..:cool:

The fact of whether or not I am one sided as nothing to do with who gets to hire the coach . . . . . and the fact that you bring up Yeagle, Beechwood and Conner--is also funny to me. Just remember one thing--I don't get anything out of that deal. My plans have been set for nearly 2 years now--there is nothing that I would get out of this situation other than the piece of mind that a place that I care about would have gotten one of the most successful coaches in the history of Kentucky High School Football . . . PERIOD . . .nothing else . . nothing more.

Again--it would serve you better to make sure that you know what you are talking about before you speak. (Which is kind of the beauty of a message board in the first place--for the simple fact that you have no clue who I am or why I would be willing to stake something like my life on it).

As far as being one sided . . . . I don't think that I have ever argued with that. But--it also proves that you have no clue who you are talking about. Simply because--if you had a clue--you would know that my personal allegience would be in a completely different area than the person that you have brought up.

And for you to say that you are any different would probably mean that you are stretching the truth a little bit.

I think everyone has their favorite. Nobody goes into a deal like this and says "I don't care who gets the job" . . . .

At the end of the day--I have been around the block to know who the best candidate for this job is. That isn't a knock on anyone else (especially the sheriff--or a few other candidates). I have been around there enough to know who could get things done immediately. If it happens, great . . . if not . . that is life.

But--if you have spent as much time babysitting my posts as you allude to--then you would also see that I have communicated one consistent theme: I can live with ANY decision AS LONG AS IT IS A FAIR PROCESS.

And I have faith that the principal, the committee or even the cafeteria staff at Conner will do what is right for the kids. I have always said the same thing. And I will continue to say the same thing--because it is something that I believe.

Principals get hired by SBDM Committees now and not by the Superintendent so it is quite possible that the Superintendent doesn't have all that much faith in his Principal at a particular school. Not saying that is true but what is true is that Superintendent Blavatt has had an issue or 2 with Principals hired at other schools in his district that he didn't approve of and ultimately has even let one of them go. He has been very outspoken in how principals are currently hired. Just look it it up. He has been quoted in the paper on the subject.

So he can fire someone he doesn't have a say in hiring? For some reason I don't think that's accurate.

So he can fire someone he doesn't have a say in hiring? For some reason I don't think that's accurate.

Then you need to look it up because he as the Superintendent sends recommendations to the SBDM for interviews but the SBDM can keep asking for additional candidates and this has happened in the Boone Cty system recently because of animosity between the Super. and the SBDM at one of the schools in the district.. Mr Blavatt is of the opinion and a great many people agree with him that a Superintendent needs to have more authority when it comes to hiring a principal. So to answer your question, yes he can fire someone that he didn't hire..

The fact of whether or not I am one sided as nothing to do with who gets to hire the coach . . . . . and the fact that you bring up Yeagle, Beechwood and Conner--is also funny to me. Just remember one thing--I don't get anything out of that deal. My plans have been set for nearly 2 years now--there is nothing that I would get out of this situation other than the piece of mind that a place that I care about would have gotten one of the most successful coaches in the history of Kentucky High School Football . . . PERIOD . . .nothing else . . nothing more.

Again--it would serve you better to make sure that you know what you are talking about before you speak. (Which is kind of the beauty of a message board in the first place--for the simple fact that you have no clue who I am or why I would be willing to stake something like my life on it).

As far as being one sided . . . . I don't think that I have ever argued with that. But--it also proves that you have no clue who you are talking about. Simply because--if you had a clue--you would know that my personal allegience would be in a completely different area than the person that you have brought up.

And for you to say that you are any different would probably mean that you are stretching the truth a little bit.

I think everyone has their favorite. Nobody goes into a deal like this and says "I don't care who gets the job" . . . .

At the end of the day--I have been around the block to know who the best candidate for this job is. That isn't a knock on anyone else (especially the sheriff--or a few other candidates). I have been around there enough to know who could get things done immediately. If it happens, great . . . if not . . that is life.

But--if you have spent as much time babysitting my posts as you allude to--then you would also see that I have communicated one consistent theme: I can live with ANY decision AS LONG AS IT IS A FAIR PROCESS.

And I have faith that the principal, the committee or even the cafeteria staff at Conner will do what is right for the kids. I have always said the same thing. And I will continue to say the same thing--because it is something that I believe.

:lol: Still pretty sensitive about certain issues there are we QS. Personally I don't care if they hire Yeagle, Wolf, Marvin Lewis, Jim Tressel or Pickles the Petersburg Gravedigger for the Conner job. I'm sure they will find a good candiadate..And I do hope it works out for you..;)

Ladies, let's calm down.:jump:

I know nothing about the process. But common sense would say that the Principal at least will inform the Super about his intentions. I'm sure the Super wouldn't have hired him if he didn't have confidence in his abilities to run the school. Doesn't mean the Prinicipal is necessarily asking for the Super's opinion. But if the Super had questions about the process and the candidate, I'm sure the Principal would provide him with that information.

Quickslick, take a deep breath. Now don't you feel better.

:lol: Still pretty sensitive about certain issues there are we QS. Personally I don't care if they hire Yeagle, Wolf, Marvin Lewis, Jim Tressel or Pickles the Petersburg Gravedigger for the Conner job. I'm sure they will find a good candiadate..And I do hope it works out for you..;)

Sensative about what?

Not real sure what I am so sensative about . . .

I think that I have been honest from the beginning.

I have my favorites . . so do a lot of people.

And with your last post--it seems that we would be in agreement with at least one point . . . . .

I am still trying to figure out this statement: "And I do hope it works out for you"

I honestly think that you may have me mixed up with someone else (which would make sense--but I have a feeling that I am not who you think I am)

Again--the only thing that I would gain here is piece of mind in knowning that a place that I care about a great deal would be in good hands. I would like to hope that you are not implying anything more than that.

namecipS . . .I am nice and calm brother. . . . . but everytime I take a deep breath--I get dizzy . . !

Ladies, let's calm down.:jump:

I know nothing about the process. But common sense would say that the Principal at least will inform the Super about his intentions. I'm sure the Super wouldn't have hired him if he didn't have confidence in his abilities to run the school. Doesn't mean the Prinicipal is necessarily asking for the Super's opinion. But if the Super had questions about the process and the candidate, I'm sure the Principal would provide him with that information.

Quickslick, take a deep breath. Now don't you feel better.

Again I must inform you that it is the SBDM Committee at the respective schools that hire a principal and NOT the Superintendent so he may or may not have confidence in his principals abilities. I do agree with your statement that common sense would suggest that the principal would inform the Super. Lets at least hope so..