Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Any word in Conner coaching land?

Featured Replies

Has anyone heard anything more about the coaching change at Conner? Any new names, any meetings by the super secret commitee, any new dates as to when they might annouce the new coach???

  • Replies 48
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a committee?Who would it be?

I am hearing:

 

Sheriff Helmig is the favorite in the eyes of the Principal.

Coach Yeagle is the personal favorite among most of the coaches in the area.

And a Louisville area coach is also very interested in the position.

 

Quickslick?

Is there a committee?Who would it be?

 

Yes there is.

dd,

 

I assume the committee will make a recommendation but the Principal can choose to ignore it if he wants to?

 

Also, are you going to give up who is on the committee? I can't see any reason why a committee making a decision for a public high school should be private in nature.

dd,

 

I assume the committee will make a recommendation but the Principal can choose to ignore it if he wants to?

 

Also, are you going to give up who is on the committee? I can't see any reason why a committee making a decision for a public high school should be private in nature.

 

The principal has the ultimate say on this one . .........

He can go with the recommendation of the committee or he can make a decision that is completely independent of said committee.

 

He has complete authority over the process. . . . . . .

 

As far as the candidates . . . . .

I have heard similar to your first post, G . . . .

I have also heard about many who are interested, but just a small few who have applied at this point.

 

I have a feeling that most candidates will wait until the very end--which is 12/10/2006 . . .

The principal has the ultimate say on this one . .........

He can go with the recommendation of the committee or he can make a decision that is completely independent of said committee.

 

He has complete authority over the process. . . . . . .

 

As far as the candidates . . . . .

I have heard similar to your first post, G . . . .

I have also heard about many who are interested, but just a small few who have applied at this point.

 

I have a feeling that most candidates will wait until the very end--which is 12/10/2006 . . .

 

Why 12/10? I thought in an earlier post you said something about being posted for 30 days. Also, where is it posted at? I thought Tom stepped down on the 16th. Or is that just when he announced it, and Blevins already knew

about it? Just wondering.

Sheriff Helmig is the favorite in the eyes of the Principal.

 

Just curious as to if the Sherriff would have the time to dedicate to being a head coach without interfering with his official duties.

Just curious as to if the Sherriff would have the time to dedicate to being a head coach without interfering with his official duties.

 

He has a flexible schedule. Since school doesn't get out until 3:00, he can get his work in prior to that and then go coach.

 

He can also be flexible during the summer.

Why 12/10? I thought in an earlier post you said something about being posted for 30 days. Also, where is it posted at? I thought Tom stepped down on the 16th. Or is that just when he announced it, and Blevins already knew

about it? Just wondering.

 

The events of the day have led me to answer these questions:

 

Why 12/10/2006?

Officially, I don't know. My assumption is that this is the 30th day since Coach Stellman stepped down. (Especially since 12/10/2006 is a SUNDAY). Meaning--the main man could have told the principal on or about 11/10/2006, then announced it to the general public a few days later (on 11/16/2006).

 

To this day--the job has been posted anywhere--which is strange to me--because I have always been told that it has to be publicly posted. (Which isn't necessarily the KHSAA website--it could also be the Boone County Board of Education website--but it hasn't been posted there as of this morning).

He has a flexible schedule. Since school doesn't get out until 3:00, he can get his work in prior to that and then go coach.

 

He can also be flexible during the summer.

 

As a taxpayer and voter in Boone County--I am going to try to stick to the facts in regard to this post. (Don't read too much into that cshs . . )

 

Conner gets out of school at 2:25 pm . . .

Which means that practice could start around 2:45 pm.

 

Now--after being part of a solid staff--and being part of a transition process--i will say this . . .as an assistant, I had a very hard time working my normal job (which is usually more than 40 hours a week) and meeting my football obligations. Again--that is with the duties of an assistant. Our head coach is a teacher (with a set schedule--approximately 40 hours a week)--I would be willing to bet that he EASILY put in another 40 to 50 hours a week on top of his first job. (And that may be low balling it). That is at a school that has an established history of winning--not a place that may need a something different.

 

With that said, if a person can handle 2 large responsibilities like that--COOL! But neither of these situations can be handled in a substandard manner.

 

At the end of the day--I trust the people in charge to make the right decision. If the process is fair--and they are comfortable with their hire--I will support them.

 

Just so everyone hears it up front--I am like everyone else . . . I have my own preference--and I am probably biased.

  • Author
The events of the day have led me to answer these questions:

 

Why 12/10/2006?

Officially, I don't know. My assumption is that this is the 30th day since Coach Stellman stepped down. (Especially since 12/10/2006 is a SUNDAY). Meaning--the main man could have told the principal on or about 11/10/2006, then announced it to the general public a few days later (on 11/16/2006).

 

To this day--the job has been posted anywhere--which is strange to me--because I have always been told that it has to be publicly posted. (Which isn't necessarily the KHSAA website--it could also be the Boone County Board of Education website--but it hasn't been posted there as of this morning).

I just checked on the Boone County Schools website and the job is not posted but they have not updated the jobs section since 11/27.

What was Conner's record this year? It was a losing season correct?

  • Author

They had an off year but they had two undefeated seasons recently.

They didn't win the state championship, how did they go undefeated. Is that in the regular season?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.