Ky Post-Mr. Cooper is the Ryle 12th Man

Cooper sure did know how to look after his boys...

-Nate Neime the an assistant principle after struggling as a basketball coach.

-Bryson Warner the head football coach after very little head coaching experience at this level previously.

-And maybe the most famous Dennis Cornett, who was pretty much raised by Cooper!

Randy was a great person!

He was a great man!

-Bryson Warner the head football coach after very little head coaching experience at this level previously.

-And maybe the most famous Dennis Cornett, who was pretty much raised by Cooper!

I won't dispute that but there is quite a bit Cooper did to get Ryle from a brand new school to the academic and athletic level it is currently at.

I'll tell you one thing, this is beyond ridiculous. Taking shots at a great deceased man, and backhandedly implying the things that you have, is the most offensive thing I have seen on these boards. Randy Cooper was a great man, and there is no need to tarnish his legacy by bringing up such things, surely not while his nephews and wife read this board. I can't imagine that someone would stoop so low. :mad:

Dennis Cornett was a former teacher at ryle who made a few bad decisions and the facutly was well aware of them! Thats bout all I can say, it was a big deal and alot of it was covered up!

Was the scandal made public? Was there any media coverage? Sounds like a pretty interesting issue. Why so hush-hush? Wouldn't it be a matter of public record?

Was the scandal made public? Was there any media coverage? Sounds like a pretty interesting issue. Why so hush-hush? Wouldn't it be a matter of public record?

It wasn't a scandal. And you can find everything there is to find out about it in the local newspapers.

Cooper was a great man who was a pleasure to deal with when I was calling the Ryle SportsFest. After he passed I learned about his time at Lloyd and how highly my Dad, Aunt and Uncle thought of his teachings. I am positive he's looking down on this team with a big smile...

Hey guys, I dont think Nobiz was trying to insult in anyway, or maybe its just how you read his statment.

1.The Coach Nieme thing, I think he was implying that Coop Dog put him in a better situation. Coach has done a wonderful job as a principal. Many places would dump a coach after struggling, not promote. But hey Randy had a way of seeing the complete person and not just what you were there to do.

2. Coach Warner, Like its been said Coach didnt have much experience, but again Randy being able to see the big picture understood what coach would bring to the table. I think what Randy saw is happening right now!

3. Cornett?? Mr. Cooper had a way of trying to help those in need and build people into great positive individuals. "Raising" I think means that Coop tried to strip Cornett of the issues he had.

I'm not sure if I am reading it correct but that is what I get from Nobiz, if I am wrong then maybe I am naive. Anyhow Coop Dog THIS ONE's FOR YOU!

I don't think anyone on here was trying to be negative about Randy. Randy was my brother-in-law and a very good friend and I loved the time we spent together. Over the past couple of month's it has been very hard reading all the good thing's he has done. I met Randy back in 1974 at Lloyd High School where he taught my younger brother and sister and he was a coach on the 1976 Lloyd State Champions. He inspired alot of people and kept them on the straight and narrow. I thank the Ryle coaches, players, cheerleaders, students, faculty and the Ryle Nation for everything they have said about Randy Cooper and wish Ryle only the best today and in years to come. Yes Randy was a leader however, he was that because of the faculty and people surrounding him at Ryle. Look under the goal post tonite and just think of the phrase " Put a hat on someone " and you will see Coop Dog at Papa Johns.

GO RYLE RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JD