June 22, 20197 yr The thing that Blackshear needs to realize is Cal and UK have more players to turn pro than any other team in the nation. Mainly because he gets players that are NBA bound. The Reid Travis experiment is not an inducement for Blackshear to go to UK.
June 22, 20197 yr Author Mainly because he gets players that are NBA bound. The Reid Travis experiment is not an inducement for Blackshear to go to UK. Neither is Tennessee. They only had 2 get drafted (Williamd and Bone) and Bone just about went undrafted. If hes worried about playing time then he needs to go to Tennessee. If hes worried about getting to the NBA then he needs to think about Kentucky real hard.
June 22, 20197 yr Neither is Tennessee. They only had 2 get drafted (Williamd and Bone) and Bone just about went undrafted. If hes worried about playing time then he needs to go to Tennessee. If hes worried about getting to the NBA then he needs to think about Kentucky real hard. Admiral Schofield was a Vol when he was drafted 42nd wasn't he? Try not to be "that fan". Now with that said, I don't think there is any argument that Blackshear would play with and against in practice much more NBA prospect talent at UK.
June 22, 20197 yr Author Admiral Schofield was a Vol when he was drafted 42nd wasn't he? Try not to be "that fan". Now with that said, I don't think there is any argument that Blackshear would play with and against in practice much more NBA prospect talent at UK. I forgot about Scofield. JMO. If your trying to get to the NBA. Kentucky is the only way to go when your looking at 2 or 3 schools.
June 22, 20197 yr Mainly because he gets players that are NBA bound. The Reid Travis experiment is not an inducement for Blackshear to go to UK. Kentucky, Duke, Carolina are marketing props along the way.
June 22, 20197 yr Kentucky, Duke, Carolina are marketing props along the way. I disagree with nearly every post you’ve ever made, but this is accurate. Obviously there are schools and even countries where you go and practice against high-caliber talent daily, learn from world-class coaches, and train in some of the finest facilities on the planet, but I assume most players only DONT go the euro route because they can’t market themselves over there as well as here. Zion could have played anywhere in the world and been a top-5 pick because he would have been on the highlight reel nightly, but almost no one else fits that description. Most kids need someone to put their name on the radar, not of NBA scouts, but the general public. What programs do a better job than the three you listed? I can’t think of a single one.
June 23, 20197 yr I disagree with nearly every post you’ve ever made, but this is accurate. Obviously there are schools and even countries where you go and practice against high-caliber talent daily, learn from world-class coaches, and train in some of the finest facilities on the planet, but I assume most players only DONT go the euro route because they can’t market themselves over there as well as here. Zion could have played anywhere in the world and been a top-5 pick because he would have been on the highlight reel nightly, but almost no one else fits that description. Most kids need someone to put their name on the radar, not of NBA scouts, but the general public. What programs do a better job than the three you listed? I can’t think of a single one. I’d replace Carolina with Kansas as far as the ability to market players.
June 23, 20197 yr I’d replace Carolina with Kansas as far as the ability to market players. I would add them to the list but wouldn't replace them. This topic is all for another thread though.
June 23, 20197 yr If he goes to Tennessee, then his number one concern is not winning the championship. Why would that be his number one concern? His number one concern should be trying to use this extra year to gain exposure and earn as much future potential net monetary profit as possible.
June 24, 20197 yr Why would that be his number one concern? His number one concern should be trying to use this extra year to gain exposure and earn as much future potential net monetary profit as possible. Not saying it should be his number one concern, but I'm pretty sure he was quoted earlier in the recruiting process as that being his #1 priority when looking at schools.
June 24, 20197 yr If hes worried about getting to the NBA then he needs to think about Kentucky real hard. Guys that are bound for the NBA are going regardless of what school they go to.
June 26, 20197 yr N'Faly Dante will visit Kentucky 6/27- 6/29. Could potentially reclassify to 2019. It doesn't sound good on Kerry Blackshear.
June 26, 20197 yr Guys that are bound for the NBA are going regardless of what school they go to. Very well said.
June 26, 20197 yr Apparently N'Faly Dante will stay in 2020. He told Tipton Edits a company who makes graphics for players who are committing. Tipton Edits twitter originally posted that he could potentially reclassify to 2019. He will still visit Thursday through Saturday.
June 26, 20197 yr Is Kerry Blackshear better than Richards and Montgomery? I checked out several NBA mock drafts for next year and the highest I saw Blackshear going was #49. Montgomery and Richards were ranked above him in a mock draft or two.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.