Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Projecting Kentucky's 2019/20 Roster

Featured Replies

8 banners in 81 years and 5 in the past 77 years. Glad I am not that miserable fan that expects one every year.

 

Yeah, winning the NCAA championship in a one-and-out tournament is one of the most difficult championships in sports to win.

 

Dean Smith is regarded as one of the best college coaches ever and he won a total of two titles in 35 years of coaching at UNC. Houston had an unbeatable team in ‘83 and lost the championship game to a team that they would have defeated 99 out of 100 games.

UCLA went on their big run in the ‘60’s but the tournament was different back then, plus they had two NBA caliber units stockpiled on most of those teams.

And then there’s UNLV and UK’s undefeated teams of 1991 and 2015 that lost in the Final Four. Also Duke’s powerhouse team from last year.

Its simply a tougher title to win than many realize.

  • Replies 255
  • Views 52.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, winning the NCAA championship in a one-and-out tournament is one of the most difficult championships in sports to win.

 

Dean Smith is regarded as one of the best college coaches ever and he won a total of two titles in 35 years of coaching at UNC. Houston had an unbeatable team in ‘83 and lost the championship game to a team that they would have defeated 99 out of 100 games.

UCLA went on their big run in the ‘60’s but the tournament was different back then, plus they had two NBA caliber units stockpiled on most of those teams.

And then there’s UNLV and UK’s undefeated teams of 1991 and 2015 that lost in the Final Four. Also Duke’s powerhouse team from last year.

Its simply a tougher title to win than many realize.

 

Couldn’t agree more but a lot of fans don’t see it that way. They should but they don’t.

He will not play at Detroit nor would he have played at Pikeville or Gtown.

 

All based on an opinion that was formed when he was a junior in high school lol. I'm sure there is no way possible he could have improved since then.

All based on an opinion that was formed when he was a junior in high school lol. I'm sure there is no way possible he could have improved since then.

Only time will tell the story.

Only time will tell the story.

 

You may very well be right. I haven't said one way or another. I just find it funny your opinion of him as a player and how he would do now. Is based off when you saw him 4 years ago as a junior in high school. Didn't see him play his senior year. Haven't seen him practice every day against future NBA players, going through individual drills with top college coaches, etc. Chances are he is ten times the player if not more than the last time you seen him play. Shoot if people would have formed there only opinion of Michael Jordan after his sophomore year in high school when he got cut. No one would have thought he and up the best player of all time. However, see the thing is players do get better. So I don't think it's crazy to think that he probably got a lot better since you saw him last, and better enough to where he could play at the likes of a school you don't think he could play for.

UK has 3 walkons now Riley Welch #13 Junior, #21 Zan Payne RSF, and #14 Brennan Canada Freshman.

 

 

Kentucky just added Welch a few days ago. He's from Litttleton, Colorado. Chatfield High School.

 

13 on the roster with 10 Scholarship.

I think E.J. Montgomery is the key to how deep this team can go. I like our talent and depth at both guard positions and small forward. But the front court is concerning to me. I look for marked improvement from Montgomery, but I question whether it will be enough to make this team a title contender.

I truly worry about this teams ability to shoot the basketball. Put that with the lack of rebounding and I think we will lose around 8-10 games. Could be a dangerous team come tourney time because guards win tourney games. That’s what I’m hoping for.

I truly worry about this teams ability to shoot the basketball. Put that with the lack of rebounding and I think we will lose around 8-10 games. Could be a dangerous team come tourney time because guards win tourney games. That’s what I’m hoping for.

 

Lack of rebounding?

Lost a ton of rebounding from last years team. That physical presence inside that we had last year has graduated. If we struggle shooting the ball and don’t get second chance points on he offensive glass it could be an eye sore for this team.

Lost a ton of rebounding from last years team. That physical presence inside that we had last year has graduated. If we struggle shooting the ball and don’t get second chance points on he offensive glass it could be an eye sore for this team.

 

People around here always seem to forget players actually do get better year to year. So spoiled with freshman ready to play right away, they forget players do get better. I expect Montgomery to be one of the best front court players in America this year. I think Richards has a chance to make the same type of jump WCS did from his sophomore to junior year. They both will be getting 20 to 25 plus minutes a game. I think we will see their ability to rebound much improved. Not to mention UK did get another grad transfer to play down low. UK this year also should be better defensively because they will usually always have a true shot blocker on the floor this year in Montgomery or Richard's. Which most of Caliparis best defensibe teams have been when they have a shot blocker down low. The team as a whole is going to have a lot of length which should also help with rebounding.

 

Now the outside shooting is always a area to be worried about though.

And if you don’t make outside shots you better get rebounds. Defensively I think they’ll have a chance to be really good. Calipari loves switching everything and with certain lineups it shouldn’t be an issue. Richards and Sestina in a switch could be tough. Sestina is better than people realize. I agree with Montgomery however with Richards I hope you’re right.

And if you don’t make outside shots you better get rebounds. Defensively I think they’ll have a chance to be really good. Calipari loves switching everything and with certain lineups it shouldn’t be an issue. Richards and Sestina in a switch could be tough. Sestina is better than people realize. I agree with Montgomery however with Richards I hope you’re right.

 

Which making shots or not. I doubt rebounding will be a problem for this team. As for Richard's I honestly thought he was much improved last year from his freshman season. However, since UK had an All American in Washington and a senior in Reid Travis. It made sense to not give Richard's long and take him out quick, because you had those two. This year he is going to get his minutes and I think he will make another jump like he did from his freshman season.

Kentucky added Ben Jordan 6'9" 250 from West Carter as a Walkon today. He is on baseball scholarship at UK. Ben played basketball in high school at West Carter. That makes 4 walkons to go with the 10 scholarship players.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.