FC Cincinnati 3 Portland 0 (MLS)

Watching the videos of the fans marching the streets of Clifton to get into the stadium is pretty nuts.

Why oh why do they need a new stadium with an atmosphere like that at Nippert? I know...I know...it was mandated by MLS. I think the new stadium is too small if attendance is going to be like that.

I am with you @nkypete. I don't know how UC folks would feel about FCC permanently staying at Nippert. I sure wish they could have from my biased perspective.

The new stadium may be all pretty and slick when it's built, but I'm not sure that it will fit "Cincinnati". What happened Sunday - the march of the fans and the atmosphere inside Nippert - that's Futbol in Cincinnati. Fancy decor, architecture and sky boxes don't necessarily make for a home field advantage. There's no doubt that Nippert, like it was on Sunday, presents a huge home field advantage for FCC.

What can't be as good or better than all this at the new stadium? Can't fans march in from Over the Rhine? Won't a FCC soccer specific designed stadium be better? What about Nippert can't be better at the new stadium?

What can't be as good or better than all this at the new stadium? Can't fans march in from Over the Rhine? Won't a FCC soccer specific designed stadium be better? What about Nippert can't be better at the new stadium?

Me wanting them to stay at Nippert comes from an extremely biased perspective. Life is extremely good for me as a beer vendor at Nippert and there is without a doubt, no way it can be as good at the new stadium because of details that I will not bore you with. I am thinking about Nippert vs. new stadium soley for myself and I wish they could have just stayed where they are.

Also, the new stadium is going to hold 10,000 less fans. Bigger venue is best for me as well.

Nippert just feels perfect too.

I agree. A home field advantage is MUCH more about the fans than the venue, IMO. A new, soccer-specific stadium that FCC can call their own will be much better in the long run than Nippert. Just because the atmosphere has been great at Nippert doesn't mean it won't/can't be that way at the new stadium. I think fans are getting caught up in that.

I agree. A home field advantage is MUCH more about the fans than the venue, IMO. A new, soccer-specific stadium that FCC can call their own will be much better in the long run than Nippert. Just because the atmosphere has been great at Nippert doesn't mean it won't/can't be that way at the new stadium. I think fans are getting caught up in that.

You are definitely right. And I think I heard that the Bailey at the new place is literally going to be as close to one of the goals as possible, almost even feeling like you're hanging over the goalie. I think the atmosphere will definitely be there.

I just like having the ability to fit 32K at Nippert for soccer vs. 22K at the new place, at least from what I hear.

You are definitely right. And I think I heard that the Bailey at the new place is literally going to be as close to one of the goals as possible, almost even feeling like you're hanging over the goalie. I think the atmosphere will definitely be there.

I just like having the ability to fit 32K at Nippert for soccer vs. 22K at the new place, at least from what I hear.

The architect told me the new stadium will be minimum 25,000.

Places like Seattle and Kansas City are the outliers, so I don't blame FCC at all for keeping the capacity a little more reasonable.

Houston had something like 9,000 at their home opener.

Don't want to build huge just to have things fall apart when the novelty wears off.