This is getting old ...

The problem I have with having a candidate that was either republican or democrat is that for the most part they are all "Professional Politicians". Well, maybe not all of them, but I'm sure the pickings are very slim. The new party would need a real horse-sense kind of person, someone thats not been in the mix. I firmly believe it doesn't take a "Professional Politician" to get this country on the right track. The sad part about it is...The media would make a joke out of a real person that tried to run. An even sadder thing is...Most american voters would laugh along with the media.
I tend to agree SP, but you just missed what would be my main point, which is, "Any potential candidate with 'horse-sense' is too sharp to subject him/her self to the ridiculous sewer bath today's politicians must endure, generally by big hypocrites in another party.

We need to get our media back in line by not responding favorably to all the negative campaigning and sensational journalism. Unfortunately, Pavlov would've had an easier time training hungry dogs not to salivate at raw beef. :rolleyes:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem I have with having a candidate that was either republican or democrat is that for the most part they are all "Professional Politicians". Well, maybe not all of them, but I'm sure the pickings are very slim. The new party would need a real horse-sense kind of person, someone thats not been in the mix. I firmly believe it doesn't take a "Professional Politician" to get this country on the right track. The sad part about it is...The media would make a joke out of a real person that tried to run. An even sadder thing is...Most american voters would laugh along with the media.

Nice explanation. I would agree with the entire post. I would think that we could find some of the people that have not gone beyond the local level of politics, that would still have a sense of community, and would feel the obligation to serve the country, rather than their own self interests.

Frances

I tend to agree SP, but you just missed what would be my main point, which is, "Any potential candidate with 'horse-sense' is too sharp to subject him/her self to the ridiculous sewer bath today's politicians must endure, generally by big hypocrites in another party.

We need to get our media back in line by not responding favorably to all the negative campaigning and sensational journalism. Unfortunately, Pavlov would've had an easier time training hungry dogs not to salivate at raw beef. :rolleyes:

I guess we'll have to get our "Moderate Broadcasting Network" (MBN) established before forming our party or choosing a candidate. Would anyone watch?:D

I guess we'll have to get our "Moderate Broadcasting Network" (MBN) established before forming our party or choosing a candidate. Would anyone watch?:D

It would be nice to have an alternative at lunchtime to the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Republican Studies.:D

It would be nice to have an alternative at lunchtime to the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Republican Studies.:D

Mike Mcconnell on WLW700 in Cincy is pretty good although he definetly leans right. NPR also has some good programming. Let's face it, there's not much out there in the middle.

Mike Mcconnell on WLW700 in Cincy is pretty good although he definetly leans right. NPR also has some good programming. Let's face it, there's not much out there in the middle.

That's my point; I'm no more interested in listening to 3 hours straight of left-wing party hacks than I am for the mouthpieces of the NRC. There's no middle ground.

At least I can catch Bob and Tom early in the morning.