Top 100 Basketball players in Cincinnati

Draud at number 7 is a bit of a reach IMO. Top 25 yes but not top 10. Give me Dicky Beal any day over Draud. As for the "Old" Ludlow gym that he was allowed to practice in for some reason, the place was only 15 years old or so at the time. Not old by any means IMO. It wasn't in disrepair and the floor wasn't as awful as he and dad want to suggest and if it were then Jon Draud had been the Superintendent at Ludlow for about 5 to 6 years at the time. He should have fixed it. Maybe he should have done his shooting over in Ft Thomas where he chose to play instead of the school he lived a block away from (Dixie) or the one his dad was the Super. at (Ludlow) Just one mans opinion.

This takes into account their career after high school, right? If that's true, how in the world is Dave Cowens at #15?

They must have put most of the weight into their high school careers. I know that Cowens made the NBA Top-50. I'm not sure that Lucas did.

Draud at number 7 is a bit of a reach IMO. Top 25 yes but not top 10. Give me Dicky Beal any day over Draud. As for the "Old" Ludlow gym that he was allowed to practice in for some reason, the place was only 15 years old or so at the time. Not old by any means IMO. It wasn't in disrepair and the floor wasn't as awful as he and dad want to suggest and if it were then Jon Draud had been the Superintendent at Ludlow for about 5 to 6 years at the time. He should have fixed it. Maybe he should have done his shooting over in Ft Thomas where he chose to play instead of the school he lived a block away from (Dixie) or the one his dad was the Super. at (Ludlow) Just one mans opinion.

Do you really think he would have gotten a Div 1 offer at Ludlow? Daddy knew best....sent him to Highlands and it worked out for the best. I agree with you on the floor though....I actually thought Ludlow's gym was one of the neatest places to play. Very confined, nice rims..just a good atmosphere.

Do you really think he would have gotten a Div 1 offer at Ludlow? Daddy knew best....sent him to Highlands and it worked out for the best. I agree with you on the floor though....I actually thought Ludlow's gym was one of the neatest places to play. Very confined, nice rims..just a good atmosphere.

Probably not. Should of practiced where he played IMO..And yes Ludlow has always had a nice gym that was always well maintained. Daddy Draud never misses an opportunity to pat himself on the back..

As far as HS goes I'd still take Mike Brock over JD and Neltner but just one man's opinion. Glad to see today's issue, someone actually emailed the Enquirer and gave my dad some props, made me feel good today. NKY had a very good class in '57, with John Turner and Howard Stacey (Top 100 members) along with my father going to play for the UL Cards.

Where do you think Jack falls on the list compared to the other players from Holmes? I had the pleasure, displeasure at the time, to play against and guard Jack in High School. A man among boys his senior year. I watched Beal and Schlomer play and if you include after High School I would rate Jack ahead of both.

I totaly agree, he was a man amongst boys.

Can someone tell me if Kevin Grevey made this list, he played for the Hamilton Big Blue but in the articles I have he is not found? I would assume he would have to be a must selection or outside the criteria for admission.

#6 I believe.....:thumb:

Sounds like sour grapes to me...........: