Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeerHunter2007

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DeerHunter2007

  1. I think it's funny years ago people complained and complained about the old 38th district with Pendleton, Augusta, Bracken and Deming because of all the weak teams in that district. I have even heard Lee Kendell say the fact that he was assured going to the region 8 out of 10 years was a big reason he took the Pendleton job in the middle 90's. But, here we are after all the switching and we once again have a weak and I mean weak district that for three teams the most important aspect of their season we be decided by drawing paper out of a hat and not on the court. I think better decision making should have avoided again the same thing everybody complained about to start with! Mason county district champs from 2006 to the end of life on earth.
  2. I think the Harrison and Pendleton will be a big rival the longer they stay in the same district, border counties as well.
  3. Here is the complete schedule: Friday, December 8, 2006 6:00 Bourbon Co. vs. Louisville Manual (Girls) 7:30 Mason Co. vs. Lincoln Co. (Boys) 9:00 Paris vs. Rose Hill (Girls) Saturday, December 9, 2006 11:30 Paris v. North Laurel 1:00 Lexington Henry Clay v. Louisville Moore 2:30 Lexington Bryan Station v. Milwaukee Custer 4:00 Lexington Tates Creek v. Owensboro Senior 6:00 Bourbon Co. v. Harlan 7:30 Oak Hill Academy v. Cincinnati Withrow 9:00 Clark Co. v. South Laurel
  4. The schedule above was last years Kentucky Bank Shootout I am looking for the schedule this year and can't find it. I looked on Oak Hills website and it says they play Cincinnati Withrow at 9 but then on another post it says Clark Co. and South Laurel play at 9. I would also like to know the other out of state teams that are going to play in it becuse in the past their has been a few. So will somebody clear this up for me please.
  5. I don't see this being close at all, Royals will run all over the boys from Scott. Mason County- 96 Scott- 64
  6. What kind of basketball philosphy does Fite adhere to; up tempo or slow it down his general background would be with Randy Harrison and Fred Hester so it would be interesting?
  7. Didn't Holly Roberts have a sister who was a good player for the Ladycats a few years back? Correct me if I'm wrong but I also think there dad played on the last Gallatin team to make it to the state tournament.
  8. The Mustangs might have a chance since Elrod has left the building! LOL
  9. Football is the same as the basketball state tournament when you put an event in Louisville the casual fan will not turn out which lowers attendence. I realize Commonwealth Stadium is not suitable but unless you have Trinity versus St. X this is what you get far as Louisville attendence.
  10. I would say Scott county by six, but I bet Billy Hicks will look up at that 99 state runner-up banner and look down the way at Renner with wishes of a 20+ blitz!
  11. Yes he can hit it from there and he can hit it from three range, Kane Belcher is a good/steady high school player but he has to get the ball. This team has to work on getting the ball up the floor first and then work on creating passing lanes to work the ball somewhere so Kane can operate. Inside/outside basketball will benefit this team big time, Kane gets his points, and Lambert, Mudd, Harden can knock down outside shots. I still have a feeling this team will be peaking at money time because Coach Simms is too talented and wants to win too much not to.
  12. I compare this Gallatin team to the Pendleton county team of 2005, two communities that love basketball with two teams that were/are loaded with talent. Just hoping that Gallatin can do the same as Pendleton and get to Rupp which is what makes the State Tournament as special as it is.
  13. I know it is early but it is sad that a program as proud as Bourbon county has been down this much lately. It just seems for whatever reason the talent is not there like it used to be and this is hard to understand with the size of the county along with its resources. People truly don't give Russ Day the respect he deserves for building a powerhouse and sustaining it for coutless years becuase let's face facts since his ouster in 1996 they have had only one loaded team which was in 2002.
  14. They need to learn from the Holmes game and then quickly erase it from their memory banks. In my estimation some key adjustments might have kept that game closer because at a point Pendleton just lost their will. Instead of Kane taking out the ball have Mudd do it with Kane serving as a stady receiver on the inbounds and have Mudd run a slash cut and he is off down the floor. If they get the press solved that will be a big hurdle for this team, it has been to easy the past years to leave Mains back there to bring it up by himself. Also, if they can't get the ball into Kane in the post flash him free throw line extended and let him beat people off the drouble.... which he can do. Pendleton 65 Conner 57
  15. I'm not discounting any of the contributions of the players for Pendleton county in the Ashland game, the reason I'm saying Jeremy Mudd's performance is so vital for the Wildcats is because of the inexperience he brings to the point position. If people want to talk about big shoes being filled Jeremy Mudd and Chad Sims are in the same situation with Mudd taking over from Tyler Mains that started I would assume in excess of 110 high school basketball games. I agree totally that they played well as a team, 7 or 8 players, and I like the idea of the bench being utilized more this season.
  16. This Pendleton team will be defined by how well Jeremy Mudd plays night in and night out. If the Jeremy Mudd who played at Ashland Saturday shows up all year this will be a surprise team and will be right there for another district championship and Fieldhouse trip. Kane Belcher is going to be a great performer every night and I think Abe Crozier will compliment him well at the four spot.
  17. I think as some other people do after this weekend this Pendleton team might have been counted out too early. In the Holmes game in my opinion they will have the best player on the floor in Belcher and that counts for a great deal in high school basketball.
  18. Can someone tell me if Kevin Grevey made this list, he played for the Hamilton Big Blue but in the articles I have he is not found? I would assume he would have to be a must selection or outside the criteria for admission.
  19. I thought the Wildcats looked good, or better than expected, and really played fired up. Kane Belcher played great and really showed what he is worth to this team by bringing the ball up the floor against a three quarter trap and banging around for 18 points. It should be a mandate he touches the ball everytime down the floor on offense. Jeremy Mudd played well, just has to learn you only pick the ball up to pass or shoot not when defenders get close to you and apply defense. The Lambert kid was also a surprise with 13 points.
  20. Ashland fans should be excited as long as James "Buddy" Biggs walks the sidelines in Ashland, people in Falmouth call him the best coach in the state and I would find that hard to argue with.
  21. I will tell you this, I live a couple hours away from Warsaw but my plans are for sure to get down there and watch some games from what seems to be a season were the impossible can happen. Don't forget Warsaw isn't all that far from Milan across the river so maybe the magic strikes twice!
  22. I will be pulling for the Wildcats hard this year, I don't think they have been to the Sweet Sixteen since 1957 so they will be a good story if they can pull it off. They got close in 99 with Jason White and company but the Rick Jones machine put them out in New Castle.
  23. Here's my argument on this topic, Mason county wins the 10th often because of talent and the resources they allocate to basketball pure and simple. Maysville/Mason county has the Tom Browning's Boys Club, the Ymca and numerous park locations with basketball courts that have been very kind to fostering basketball talent. I realize other 10th communities have these type of facilities but not to the degree that they are designed and coordinated precisely to establish a feeder system for basketball. Ask the folks from Adams, Bracken, Brown, Fleming, Lewis and Robertson counties that also take advantage of these facilties and programs to the benefit of there teams. Mason's method should be copied by any community that takes basketball seriously not labeled as unfair for having the visonaries in place in the 1960's to build a gym for people of all neighboring communities to enjoy. A couple of other points, is the Fieldhouse really such a home advantage for the Royals in March? Pendleton county played in the Fieldhouse 7 times during region winning year of 05 with Montgomery county playing there 6 times. The Mason officials are liberal with sharing there gym with all comers. Take a poll among Devilman, Polar Bear 1994 and others on what the percentage of fans from Bracken and Robertson counties make up a Friday/Saturday crowd at the Fieldhouse and I'm fairly confident they would say it's staggering. The 10th region tournament transcends the particular matchup of the night but gives fans from all the schools a chance to see a great basketball and file great memories. It would be a shame for two schools and jealousy to ruin it for the other communities. One other and final point in my opinion Harrison county is the only school that can measure to Mason; from Kellar Works, the Jenkins brothers, Jerry Fogle on to Rob Ogden the Breds have won the 10th often. I never hear one argument from there fans and for good reason, they have won the tournament many times and with continued success at the Fieldhouse. Well, I'm wrong I guess they did have an unfair advantage in 97' when they had to stay at the Maysville Ramada due to the flood in Cynthiana. With some of the stuff said today I suppose there commute to games wasn't long enough so they should give back there trophy!
  24. All this talk about moving the 10th from Mason County is foolish, the 40th district proved in 69' they could not host the tourney because of capacity reasons at GRC. Montgomery county wants to host the tourney but what do they do; go out and build a gym with 2,000 less capacity than Mason County. Economics and tradition will keep the tenth in Maysville, jealousy of Mason county has fueled this debate but Mason would have been crowned regional champs 95% of the time even if they had played these games with goals nailed to a telephone poles in Camargo.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.