Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Predictions on PC/Holmes

Featured Replies

Lets hear some predictions with PC against Holmes tomorrow night 11/28.

I think Holmes will run them off the floor this year..

  • Author

I might have agreed with you earlier, but after watching them play Ashland this weekend, I don't think they will get ran off the floor. They played great ball this weekend, very fast, great ball handling and great shooting, I think it will be a good game and only time will tell.

Holmes has to much talent in this one, IMO Holmes wins this one by double digits. PC will keep it close until the 3rd period.

I believe this game is at Holmes?

 

If that is true, traditionally when 10th region teams venture onto 9th region soil, foul trouble follows. And PC does not need to be in foul trouble.

Henderson and Rice will neutralize Belcher inside and the quickness of Holmes' perimeter players will smother their guards, and cause multiple turnovers. Don't know who on Pendleton can stop Hill, Henderson & Rice on the offensive end? Too much athleticism and speed; even without Duran. For the 10th region's sake, I hope this is wrong, but I see Holmes by 15-20+.

I believe this game is at Holmes?

 

If that is true, traditionally when 10th region teams venture onto 9th region soil, foul trouble follows. And PC does not need to be in foul trouble.

 

NOt necessarily true?? The NKY (including PC) 10th members are routinely successful in 9th region gyms?

NOt necessarily true?? The NKY (including PC) 10th members are routinely successful in 9th region gyms?

My experience is that the two referee associations call games differently. Didn't mean to imply one is getting ripped off because that is not what I meant. The Bluegrass emphasizes things that the 9th region officials do not.

 

Call it the LexCath rule (it was enforced after LC men's team had 4-6 assistants constanly up and about talking to players and officials on the floor), in the Bluegrass, if an assistant coach is getting off the bench, expect a technical to be called. That is just an example.

 

Those NKY schools are probably used to the officiating because they are still members of the NKAC.

My experience is that the two referee associations call games differently. Didn't mean to imply one is getting ripped off because that is not what I meant. The Bluegrass emphasizes things that the 9th region officials do not.

 

Call it the LexCath rule (it was enforced after LC men's team had 4-6 assistants constanly up and about talking to players and officials on the floor), in the Bluegrass, if an assistant coach is getting off the bench, expect a technical to be called. That is just an example.

 

Those NKY schools are probably used to the officiating because they are still members of the NKAC.

 

While the coaching rules may be different, the bigger difference is in the way the games are called. The 9th region is notoriously called much tighter than the 10th; and 10th region teams need to be careful, especially with hand checks, etc. The 10th allows for a much more physical style of play, but the adjustments go both ways. Simple rule for players is, don't try to fight the system, just try and recognize the rule interpetations early and adjust. 9th region teams often have difficultity adjusting to the 10th (and most others) region refs allowing more physicality. Some up here will argue this has caused problems, and has resulted in a lack of success at the state level for 9th region teams (Not necessarily my opinion, but an arguement I've heard multiple times)??

While the coaching rules may be different, the bigger difference is in the way the games are called. The 9th region is notoriously called much tighter than the 10th; and 10th region teams need to be careful, especially with hand checks, etc. The 10th allows for a much more physical style of play, but the adjustments go both ways. Simple rule for players is, don't try to fight the system, just try and recognize the rule interpetations early and adjust. 9th region teams often have difficultity adjusting to the 10th (and most others) region refs allowing more physicality. Some up here will argue this has caused problems, and has resulted in a lack of success at the state level for 9th region teams (Not necessarily my opinion, but an arguement I've heard multiple times)??

I agree with all of what you said. I think we saw that last year in this game when Holmes was upset with the officiating from a Bluegrass team of officials. Wouldn't surprise me on Wednesday morning to have some WIldcat fans upset with the officiating. Not saying that either team is ripped off but that the officials call different styles of games.

I like Belcher a lot from PC, but he does not have much support and Holmes with their speed and size should be able to win by 15+ points.

I agree with all of what you said. I think we saw that last year in this game when Holmes was upset with the officiating from a Bluegrass team of officials. Wouldn't surprise me on Wednesday morning to have some WIldcat fans upset with the officiating. Not saying that either team is ripped off but that the officials call different styles of games.

 

Totally different--I recall Duran Jefferson in particular having problems with last years' 10th region "point of emphasis" in that game--palming the ball. For PC's sake, I hope Holmes doesn't remember that game too well this year??

Totally different--I recall Duran Jefferson in particular having problems with last years' 10th region "point of emphasis" in that game--palming the ball. For PC's sake, I hope Holmes doesn't remember that game too well this year??

You are confusing me. Are we agreeing or not?????:D :confused: :lol:

You are confusing me. Are we agreeing or not?????:D :confused: :lol:

 

I think we are agreeing on all except that the 10th region teams don't do well against their 9th region brethern. There are definately differences in the BG association refs and 9th region refs, but the results don't point to clear superiority by either!!

I think we are agreeing on all except that the 10th region teams don't do well against their 9th region brethern. There are definately differences in the BG association refs and 9th region refs, but the results don't point to clear superiority by either!!

Cool. I did counter that those 10th region (minus PC) teams that you pointed out are also members of the NKAC and used to the 9th region officials.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.