Ashland/Pendleton Co. Scrimmage Saturday 11/25

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tomcats came out on fire and jumped out to an early 7 or 8 point lead, then Pendleton went on a 13-0 run and led by 10 at halftime I think. Let me tell you one thing the Tomcats are RUNNING! You could tell that they were getting tired during the end of the first half, but no doubt their conditioning will improve with 3 main players only practicing for 2 weeks. Matt Thomas looked great, he hit 3 3's in the first half and had 11 at the half. I didnt stay for the 2nd half, but Ashland did lose by one. I'm really excited to see what this team can do this season. The JV's won by 8 or so in the early game.

The Tomcats came out on fire and jumped out to an early 7 or 8 point lead, then Pendleton went on a 13-0 run and led by 10 at halftime I think. Let me tell you one thing the Tomcats are RUNNING! You could tell that they were getting tired during the end of the first half, but no doubt their conditioning will improve with 3 main players only practicing for 2 weeks. Matt Thomas looked great, he hit 3 3's in the first half and had 11 at the half. I didnt stay for the 2nd half, but Ashland did lose by one. I'm really excited to see what this team can do this season. The JV's won by 8 or so in the early game.

Typical Biggs team. Buddy will have his team ready by tournament time. He is a great Coach and if the players play into his system they will be a winner. Good luck to Coach Biggs and his new team. We will miss him here at PC, but will never forget him.

Sounds like a descent showing for the PC Wildcats. Coach Simms has bigg shoes to fill, but I have no doubt he can do it.

Great to hear they are running and not playing slow for nothing ball.Should be a much more fun game to watch at the Fieldhouse in a couple weeks when they face my Royals.

The tomcats are going to need to find some more players if their gonna run that much. It looks like they will go 7 deep and maybe 8 deep when Rose gets back but the lack of depth could hurt Ashland this year especially when players get in foul trouble.

That is typical for Buddy. He usually will only go 7 or 8 deep and his teams are in such great shape they still wear down the opposition. Helluva coach and great friend. Your going to love him if you like up and down basketball. The way the game is supposed to be played. Don't worry about having more than 8 players. His system is very effective and he has proven in the past that he is a winner. Momcat, your in for a treat.

I thought the Wildcats looked good, or better than expected, and really played fired up. Kane Belcher played great and really showed what he is worth to this team by bringing the ball up the floor against a three quarter trap and banging around for 18 points. It should be a mandate he touches the ball everytime down the floor on offense. Jeremy Mudd played well, just has to learn you only pick the ball up to pass or shoot not when defenders get close to you and apply defense. The Lambert kid was also a surprise with 13 points.