Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland/Montgomery

Featured Replies

My peeps tell me the Tomcats were very impressive in the second half.

My peeps tell me the Tomcats were very impressive in the second half.

Your Peeps get a score or anything? Was it against the JV or what?

Give us some color about the Biggs deal at Ashland?

  • Author

I was told Montgomery won first half by about 8 and Blazer won the second half by 20. #33 (Bonner?) was impressive along with Thomas.

Tomcats were very physical and got after it defensively. Maybe some Blazer diehards can elaborate more about the scrimmage.

I was told Ashland did win, but I wasnt given an exact score. But the person I talked to said they played really well. :thumb: Hopefully I can find out a little more today....

I was told Ashland did win, but I wasnt given an exact score. But the person I talked to said they played really well. :thumb: Hopefully I can find out a little more today....

 

Also find out how Montgomery Co looked. In the 10th they are ranked behind Mason, GRC and Bossart, but very will could make some noise.

Ashland won 52-42. Down 26-20 at half. Won 2nd half 32-16. Looked good on defensive end. Offense looked really good in second half. This time of year defense usually is ahead of the offense anyway. :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Was this a running clock or is Ashland not running quite as much as we were led to believe? 52 points sounds about the same as last year

Was this a running clock or is Ashland not running quite as much as we were led to believe? 52 points sounds about the same as last year

 

Im not sure about the running clock. However everyone has to remember this was their first scrimmage of the season. If they're running a new offense, Im sure it will take a few games to get it right.

I have a little more info. Apparently Ashland's D was really good especially in the 2nd half, Montgomery didnt score for the first 7 minutes I believe. Ryan Bonner apparently held his own against their center who was 6'6.

I heard that the Tomcats held them scoreless in the 3rd quarter. I think that the offense will slowly get better, remember 3 of the starters just started basketball a few weeks ago.

Remember Thomas, Mcdavid and Bonner only back for a week from football.The run and gun game was slow the first half but looked great the second half . Ashland got good mins from its bench. Coleman and Bowling played most of the bench mins.Rose didnt play at all and Saylers started and didnt look bad.Wilcox looks like hes shooting the ball really well.When this team gets rolling their going to be fun to watch.

Remember Thomas, Mcdavid and Bonner only back for a week from football.The run and gun game was slow the first half but looked great the second half . Ashland got good mins from its bench. Coleman and Bowling played most of the bench mins.Rose didnt play at all and Saylers started and didnt look bad.Wilcox looks like hes shooting the ball really well.When this team gets rolling their going to be fun to watch.

 

 

Im really excited for the scrimmage on Saturday!

Ashland fans should be excited as long as James "Buddy" Biggs walks the sidelines in Ashland, people in Falmouth call him the best coach in the state and I would find that hard to argue with.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.