Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Region Darkhorses...

Featured Replies

Who are some of the darkhorses that could come from each region?

In the 9th all teams outside of Covington and Park Hills:creepy:

In the 16th I would put Greenup Co. as the darkhorse.

In the 9th all teams outside of Covington and Park Hills:creepy:

 

:thumb: Specifically, I'd say Dixie. They lost Keener and Lawson, their two best players, but look to have a well-rounded team this year. Richardson, Shields, Tyler, and Mosier are all solid, and if the big kid in the middle (Mace) has improved as some have said he has, they could wind up as a solid team. Add in the fact that they basically have a free trip to Region against almost assuredly a district runner-up, they are a potential darkhorse.

:thumb: Specifically, I'd say Dixie. They lost Keener and Lawson, their two best players, but look to have a well-rounded team this year. Richardson, Shields, Tyler, and Mosier are all solid, and if the big kid in the middle (Mace) has improved as some have said he has, they could wind up as a solid team. Add in the fact that they basically have a free trip to Region against almost assuredly a district runner-up, they are a potential darkhorse.

 

Dixie is in the easiest district in the state of ky. And will never miss out on the region unless they go back to Hawaii. So yes they are a darkhorse and are probably the only team in the state that has already clinched a spot in the regionals, but NO they aren't going to jump up contend for the title yet. They'll be a nice first round draw though for Holmes or CCH or HC.

Whatever region Gallatin Co is in..(12th maybe? ). I predict they will turn some heads this season with or without Edmonson. They have some strong young talent with experience.

Gallatin is from the 8th, and i agree with you qryche11, i think the will definately make some noise. Although edmondson would help out, they are not going to be without talent by any means.

I will be pulling for the Wildcats hard this year, I don't think they have been to the Sweet Sixteen since 1957 so they will be a good story if they can pull it off. They got close in 99 with Jason White and company but the Rick Jones machine put them out in New Castle.

I will be pulling for the Wildcats hard this year, I don't think they have been to the Sweet Sixteen since 1957 so they will be a good story if they can pull it off. They got close in 99 with Jason White and company but the Rick Jones machine put them out in New Castle.

 

The Cats actually were eliminated in the first round by Bullitt East in OT. Scott Co. would have been a semifinal matchup. Gallatin's only other 2 losses that season were to arch rival Carroll Co. and University Heights in the All 'A' Classic state championship.

As for this year's squad they are ranked 4th in the 8th Region in The Cats Pause and I believe 5th in the C-J rankings. I don't think the Herald-Leader rankings are out yet.

Brossart or Montgomery County in the 10th. Most folks, and rightfully so, say Mason and Clark will fight it out, but as Pendleton found out last year, you have to play the games. I think Brossart and Montgomery, on any given night, can come out on top in the 10th.

In the 10th Montgomery Co

I dont know about you ,But i would never come into a 10th region season thinking there a darkhorse.Bart always has his kids ready for anybody.

Brossart or Montgomery County in the 10th. Most folks, and rightfully so, say Mason and Clark will fight it out, but as Pendleton found out last year, you have to play the games. I think Brossart and Montgomery, on any given night, can come out on top in the 10th.

:thumb:

Talking about the rankings, no one ever gives gallatin any credit. They are 10 to 11 deep and they can play with the best. I do not look for anyone in their district to come close to them and they are a serious threat to win region.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.