Region Darkhorses...

I dont know about you ,But i would never come into a 10th region season thinking there a darkhorse.Bart always has his kids ready for anybody.

I know this all too well...dread to play Montgomery Co in anything...The point I was trying to make was not many people on here was giving them credit...they better not over look them. We at GRC never do.

In the 15th everyone is expecting Paintsville and Johnson Central to just breeze through the region with all the talent they have but I think Belfry has enough talent to be a darkhorse team. Jamie Case is one of the best pure shooters in the region and he has some range, should be a good player for Belfry.

I agree that Gallatin has some good basketball players but it may be a little far to say they are threats to win the 8th. Shelby lost a major portion of their backcourt to graduation so they will definitely be a different team. If I am not mistaken their JV team was pretty good last year so if they can fit those pieces around their returning players, namely their posts and swingman, they will be a tough out. Early I would have to give the edge to Simon Kenton because they return Hester. He has the combination of skills and heart to lead an experienced Simon Kenton team to Rupp. It may take awhile for the Pioneers to get past the injury bug but once they get it going they will be a tough team to beat. All being said, Gallatin has a January 20th date with Shelby. The Rockets will travel to Gallatin in what will no doubt be a game that Gallatin fans and players will have circled on their calendars. You can almost here the David vs. Goliath speech in the Gallatin locker room now? Isn't high school basketball great?:thumb:

I agree that Gallatin has some good basketball players but it may be a little far to say they are threats to win the 8th. Shelby lost a major portion of their backcourt to graduation so they will definitely be a different team. If I am not mistaken their JV team was pretty good last year so if they can fit those pieces around their returning players, namely their posts and swingman, they will be a tough out. Early I would have to give the edge to Simon Kenton because they return Hester. He has the combination of skills and heart to lead an experienced Simon Kenton team to Rupp. It may take awhile for the Pioneers to get past the injury bug but once they get it going they will be a tough team to beat. All being said, Gallatin has a January 20th date with Shelby. The Rockets will travel to Gallatin in what will no doubt be a game that Gallatin fans and players will have circled on their calendars. You can almost here the David vs. Goliath speech in the Gallatin locker room now? Isn't high school basketball great?:thumb:

I think most would agree with your assessment but this thread is the dark horse thread........The wildcats have beaten the biblical rockets before and this might just be the year to dethrone the mighty Goliath once again. :thumb:

I will tell you this, I live a couple hours away from Warsaw but my plans are for sure to get down there and watch some games from what seems to be a season were the impossible can happen. Don't forget Warsaw isn't all that far from Milan across the river so maybe the magic strikes twice!