Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?

Featured Replies

What innocent people?

 

That is where I am. I am not discounting what he (presumably) did, but he was not framing anyone in this instance. Although what does make his crime more egregious is where it took place. He used his celebrity, the City of Chicago, and their existing racial tensions to help sell his case.

  • Replies 246
  • Views 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Part of me feels that way, and another part of me thinks he absolutely should do jail time. As seriously as I think hate crimes should be treated, I think faking one should be treated equally as harsh

  • This all made me go back last night and re-watch Dave Chapelle's bit on Jussie Smollet (french pronunciation). ?

  • ChickenWyngz
    ChickenWyngz

    What he did was wrong, period. No matter how any wants to spin it.  I have absolutely no idea what an appropriate punishment would be. I would agree with Ru's statement. Figure out a plea de

Posted Images

They dont want to open that can of worms...

 

Why not?

I honestly don't care what happens to Jussie since noone else was hurt. The part of this story I cared about the most was the medias willingness to play along without doing any real investigating. It has become all to common if a story fits a narrative for the media run with it without fact checking.

I honestly don't care what happens to Jussie since noone else was hurt. The part of this story I cared about the most was the medias willingness to play along without doing any real investigating. It has become all to common if a story fits a narrative for the media run with it without fact checking.

 

We talked about this earlier in the thread. I like to pile on the media as much as the next guy for trying to paint narratives, but I will somewhat defend them in this case. Jussie sought out the media to bolster his case. He went public to draw sympathy.

We talked about this earlier in the thread. I like to pile on the media as much as the next guy for trying to paint narratives, but I will somewhat defend them in this case. Jussie sought out the media to bolster his case. He went public to draw sympathy.

 

He did seek them out and they were willing participants until the Chicago PD leaked conflicting reports and even then it took awhile to sway most the media. There is nothing to defend.

I honestly don't care what happens to Jussie since noone else was hurt. The part of this story I cared about the most was the medias willingness to play along without doing any real investigating. It has become all to common if a story fits a narrative for the media run with it without fact checking.

 

Maybe no one was physically hurt, but there was harm done. Hours of police work that could have been devoted to help real victims is hurtful to those victims. Also, making false hate crime claims can potentially make people doubt legitimate current and future claims.

 

He is an actor with a voice and (allegedly) used that voice and his sexuality to selfishly get attention for himself.

 

I completely agree with you on the media aspect. It seems few reporters investigate anything anymore. They just run around looking for the most juicy story they can find and don’t seem to care what the truth is, as long as they report it first.

Everyone always complains about the media... Unless you NEVER click on an article, we are the reason they report the way they do. Keep that in mind.

Everyone always complains about the media... Unless you NEVER click on an article, we are the reason they report the way they do. Keep that in mind.

 

While I understand what you're saying, I will disagree to an extent. I don't think clicking on the article in and of itself is as much of the problem as is the "trusting" of that article to the point where you repost/share/tweet that information. People will proclaim things as the "truth" just because they saw it posted on so-and-so. The public and their social media has become just like the regular media...everybody wants to be first.

Criminal charges against Jussie Smollet have been dropped.

 

How about that????????

Criminal charges against Jussie Smollet have been dropped.

 

How about that????????

 

So all of this for nothing. :lol2:

So all of this for nothing. :lol2:

 

Cook County attorney said Jussie’s volunteer work and forfeiture of his 10K bond was enough for them to drop the charges. :lol2: :lol2:

 

 

This is wild.

No arrangements for community service, no arrangements to make restitution. This is not a plea deal. Case is over.

Not shocked at all.

 

I am. I expected a plea deal. Not charges completely dropped. He should sue the Chicago Police Department.

I am. I expected a plea deal. Not charges completely dropped. He should sue the Chicago Police Department.

 

I agree.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.