Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?

UKMustangFan

Not sure on all of the specifics. I look at it in the same way as I do Robert Kraft. If agencies feel confident enough to go public with information, that generally does not bode well for the accused and they (PD) are coming from a position of strength. Most people charged with crimes are guilty.

As an aside, I do not get the need for the Chicago PD going on a public premature victory lap.

All true but two things.....

1.) He still has to be proven guilty in the court of law regardless of what we think.

2.) There is still the narrative that the Chicago Police Department is corrupt. I imagine if the evidence all proves to be circumstantial that Jussie’s lawyer will pin his whole case on them framing Jussie. The gay black male victim angle will be used ad nauseaum.

I've always thought the letter would be near impossible to prove. I think any conviction will come from the attack.

If the whole attack was staged(and I believe Jussie is guilty as hell and staged it) how can it be proven that he was behind it if there is no evidence of an actual attack?

All true but two things.....

1.) He still has to be proven guilty in the court of law regardless of what we think.

2.) There is still the narrative that the Chicago Police Department is corrupt. I imagine if the evidence all proves to be circumstantial that Jussie’s lawyer will pin his whole case on them framing Jussie. The gay black male victim angle will be used ad nauseaum.

Also it can't be repeated enough his lawyer is one of the best defense lawyers in the country. Those type of lawyers don't lose often.

The defense will do all that they can to destroy the Nigerian brothers. If they did attack Jussie and can’t prove that Jussie paid them to stage the attack then things will get really interesting really quickly. After reading this article it definitely spices things up a bit. I was ready to move on from this story. Now I am finding myself more fascinated by it.

I’m on the record saying I think Jussie is guilty but after reading this article I have to ask myself why do I believe the Nigerian brothers and not Jussie?

What if Jussie really is innocent and these brothers took his money and decided to beat him up because he is gay?

I need to do some self reflection.

Jussie Smollett’s Alleged Attackers’ Homophobic Statements Surface, May Be Used In Defense

If the whole attack was staged(and I believe Jussie is guilty as hell and staged it) how can it be proven that he was behind it if there is no evidence of an actual attack?

1. Brothers testimony

2. If payment for workouts isn't consistent with their other clients

3. If there were any witnesses to the attack or when they practiced to the attack

If he tries to discredit the brothers it will be hard. They would have to prove motivation on their part when he just paid them a nice amount of money.

The defense will do all that they can to destroy the Nigerian brothers. If they did attack Jussie and can’t prove that Jussie paid them to stage the attack then things will get really interesting really quickly. After reading this article it definitely spices things up a bit. I was ready to move on from this story. Now I am finding myself more fascinated by it.

I’m on the record saying I think Jussie is guilty but after reading this article I have to ask myself why do I believe the Nigerian brothers and not Jussie?

What if Jussie really is innocent and these brothers took his money and decided to beat him up because he is gay?

I need to do some self reflection.

Jussie Smollett’s Alleged Attackers’ Homophobic Statements Surface, May Be Used In Defense

Like I said in the other post the defenses entire job will be to prove motive on behalf of the brothers to set Jussie up.

1. Brothers testimony

2. If payment for workouts isn't consistent with their other clients

3. If there were any witnesses to the attack or when they practiced to the attack

If he tries to discredit the brothers it will be hard. They would have to prove motivation on their part when he just paid them a nice amount of money.

1. The link I posted said something like the brother’s story is changing or something to that effect.

2. Not sure if they have any clients. The way the story goes is he approached them.

3. Surprise witnesses. That would be awesome. :lol2:

That link I just posted showed that the brothers have a homophobic nature to them. The defense will use that against them. Then the defense will just have to prove that the brothers aren’t credible and are liars.