Offensive shake-up for the Boone Co. Rebels?

Corey is a excellent athlete in both sports. I think that if he likes one sport more then the other, and has a good chance of actually doing something with that sport, he will chose that. Boone Co. will definitly be affected tremendously by his decision either way... I wish him luck in both sports.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CC- I think the answer is that Farris is regarded higher than Tim. A fast, LH hitting catcher would probably catch more attention than an infielder.

Fair enough. If that's the case, then maybe he should focus on baseball. I just don't see why a kid can't play 2 sports.

FWIW, Grogan was the star player on a team that was #18 in the final rankings by Baseball America; however, most of the recruiting is done with Fall & Summer baseball.

Not sure why the side stepping. But I believe this thread is about Coach Shrader being let go this weekend by Coach Thompson. Different approaches to the game, I guess. Not sure what this means to the offense next year. Shrader was well liked by most of the boys and parents. We all wish him well. He brought a new look the typical Boone offense. I hope Boone continues what has been started over the last few years.

Another note on this thread. Cory Farris will be playing football next year. I heard he would not play football only if offered a full ride and this was stipulated. I'm not sure if wording like this is usually included in offers. He loves the game. He said he passed on basketball to workout over the winter and be ready for baseball. He did not like showing up for baseball 3 weeks after the tryouts were completed and practice had started. Schools that are in contact with him have encouraged the level of competition he is involved in. Louisville and Kentucky even came to watch him play during the football season. They both said, "Hello, enjoyed watching you play, great game and stay healthy".

Schools that are in contact with him have encouraged the level of competition he is involved in. Louisville and Kentucky even came to watch him play during the football season. They both said, "Hello, enjoyed watching you play, great game and stay healthy".

That is what I expected. I find it hard to believe that the coaches recruiting him would encourage him to focus solely on one sport. It would not be in his best interest and, from my experiences, I have found that many coaches actually feel that playing another sport can be beneficial.

That is what I expected. I find it hard to believe that the coaches recruiting him would encourage him to focus solely on one sport. It would not be in his best interest and, from my experiences, I have found that many coaches actually feel that playing another sport can be beneficial.

As all this is true and I believe an athlete should play everything it is not the college coaches doing the talking about not playing football. It is the pro scouts that would like him to bypass football and work on nothing but baseball.

I have never heard of a "full ride w/the stipulation of not playing another sport during the rest of a H.S. career," if this is what was being talked about. Many athletes sign early and continue to play other sports until graduation.

Sorry to hear about Coach Shrader! Has this been finalized?

I have heard from people that have watched Corey play football that he is a freak. He makes things look effortless. I know Bogle is an outstanding athlete as well and I am assuming if both come back and play.. they will hve an outstanding backfield. I hope he plays football but can understand if he doesnt. Being a catcher with his tools...he might focus on weights and baseball.

This whole thread is goofy and riddles with guesswork.

I think the thread was to talk about Shrader leaving as Boone's offensive coordinator. There had been some rumors about Farris not playing football next year. I think some ran with the rumor and not what the thread was intended. Shrader was making changes and trying to get Boone to develop more of a balanced game plan. It will be interesting to see how the play calling goes next year.

Back to the change: What was the conflict that caused Coach T to let Coach Shrader go? I saw one Boone game this year and almost didn't recognize them because the ball went downfield through the air occasionally.

Those at Boone would like to know as well. Not much has been said outside the doors of the coaches office.