Nick Petrino

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Petrino doesn't go to Louisville. There's time to come back as a graduate assistant later, or get into coaching (lord knows he'll have the connections) but he should get to play while he has the opportunity, and he won't have that at U of L.

How can you not place Nick's name on the ballot for Mr. Kentucky? Anderson couldn't lead his team past the second round. Beaumont couldn't lead his team past the third round. Nick has proven time after time he is a leader. Do you really have to be the biggest or strongest to be Mr. Kentucky? I don't think so. My vote goes to an undersized player who knows how to lead his team to victory. He has two more to go.

If this was the case and I'm not disagreeing with you, then Brandon Smith of Boyle Co. should have won it his senior year. Played on four State Championship teams. Was the starting QB for three seasons. Won two while at the spot and lead his team to the third and lost to Highlands in the Championship game. What more could have he done to win it? And by the way played against the winner of the award and Brandon's team hung 40 plus on them while the winner of the award played defense.

If this was the case and I'm not disagreeing with you, then Brandon Smith of Boyle Co. should have won it his senior year. Played on four State Championship teams. Was the starting QB for three seasons. Won two while at the spot and lead his team to the third and lost to Highlands in the Championship game. What more could have he done to win it? And by the way played against the winner of the award and Brandon's team hung 40 plus on them while the winner of the award played defense.

What year? Who won it that year?

LTW you have a point. Smith was a very deserving candidate that year and would have had my vote.

Petrino was absolutely amazing against Male.

Heyman's tremendous one handed interception return for a TD with 6:30 left in the game gave Male 34-23 lead. Petrino led an unbelievable 80 yard drive for a TD and followed that with a 2 pt conversion in less than 2 minutes. Trinity held and petrino took them near 80 yards for the game winning td and there was still over 2 minutes left.

Beaumont is a great player but the star of that game was Nick Petrino, his iron will and determination to win, rallied the Rocks to one of their greatest victories.