Maze Stallworth forced out at Taylor County?

Cubster

Spoke to him this morning , took a position working with Kenneth Faried (Brooklyn Nets). Frees him up to be home more and earn more income. Says he’s not done coaching but has to take an opportunity to see where it goes for his family.

- Taylor is a good job, they will have plenty of people apply.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13 - Punctuation

Its so funny and strange to me that people are buying this as the reason. If you look hard enough on social media though you will find the reason. Its sad for the students and the community. Say what you want about Taylor County but those people love basketball and want to be successful so bad. I hope they find a good coach and someone that can keep the recent success going for them.

Edited by theguru
Rule 12

The real question is who will they try and hire 2 weeks before the season. It will have to be someone who doesn’t have a coaching job. One name coming to mind is their former coach Gatewood.

Did he not have an article in Courier Journal a few months back about his whole saga, and wanting to get back in high school coaching? It was a good article.

The Taylor County job has been given to Jeff Gumm on an interim basis. Gumm is the athletic director and baseball coach and last coached the basketball team in 1997-98.

Stability is key in these situations. I'm sure the kids will feel comfortable with someone they are around in the building every day.

The Taylor County job has been given to Jeff Gumm on an interim basis. Gumm is the athletic director and baseball coach and last coached the basketball team in 1997-98.

Stability is key in these situations. I'm sure the kids will feel comfortable with someone they are around in the building every day.

While Jeff actually isn't the AD anymore, he is someone who is familiar to everyone over at TC.

I heard from 3 sources he’s a volunteer assistant at Bardstown now. Maybe he got lost on the way to Brooklyn?

So wait...Maze left a head coaching position with a good basketball program to take a position working with an individual with NBA ties, and then is suddenly working as a volunteer assistant at a smaller Kentucky high school program?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

So wait...Maze left a head coaching position with a good basketball program to take a position working with an individual with NBA ties, and then is suddenly working as a volunteer assistant at a smaller Kentucky high school program?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Just saying what I heard since this is in the “controversial topics” section. It was confirmed by someone very close to the Bardstown program. Incredibly close.