Rhinoceros Bites Cincinnati Zoo Patron

UKMustangFan

Maybe it’s just me but when I read the zoo’s tweet about the incident I instantly noticed how they said “expected to be fine” and likened it to a parent telling their kid “oh you’ll be fine” when the kid does something they aren’t supposed to and gets scraped up. The terminology of “fine” makes me think the zoo staff had the same reaction of people on this site. You stick your hand near a rhino mouth and you shouldn’t be surprised that you got bit.

Hopefully that makes sense. It does in my head but no idea if it translates into a sensical post.

Maybe it’s just me but when I read the zoo’s tweet about the incident I instantly noticed how they said “expected to be fine” and likened it to a parent telling their kid “oh you’ll be fine” when the kid does something they aren’t supposed to and gets scraped up. The terminology of “fine” makes me think the zoo staff had the same reaction of people on this site. You stick your hand near a rhino mouth and you shouldn’t be surprised that you got bit.

Hopefully that makes sense. It does in my head but no idea if it translates into a sensical post.

Does it make sense that the Cincinnati Zoo somehow benefits from making a snarky comment on Twitter?

Does anyone know what type of mandatory investigation/reporting has to be done when an animal at a zoo injures someone?

I also wonder if the findings are public record.

Kendi, a young eastern black rhino, bit the tip of a man's right index finger during a behind-the-scenes encounter, officials said.

The zoo said the man was feeding Kendi an herbivore treat when he was bitten.

"I'm happy to report that the finger was just dislocated," a zoo spokeswoman said.

Baby rhino bites patron's finger at Cincinnati Zoo

So we have a behind-the-scenes encounter with a man feeding a plant eating baby rhino and the man suffered a dislocated finger from being bitten.

Sure sounds innocent.