Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A #6 Highlands vs. 6A #7 Simon Kenton

Who gets the W? 110 members have voted

  1. 1. Who gets the W?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Highlands 4-1

36-7 win over 6A Cooper: (1-4), allowed 194 points, scored 80 points

34-7 win over 6A Campbell County: (4-1), allowed 58 points, scored 101 points

28-7 loss to 6A Scott County: (4-1), allowed 92 points, scored 159 points

40-3 win over 6A Ryle: (1-4), allowed 157 points, scored 85 points

44-27 win over 3A Lexington Catholic: (4-1), allowed 110 points, scored 215 points

Simon Kenton 5-0

29-28 win over 6A Meade County: (2-3), allowed 84 points, scored 133 points

37-20 win over 6A Bryan Station: (0-4), allowed 154 points, scored 85 points

31-13 win over 6A Conner: (3-1), allowed 57 points, scored 95 points

55-20 win over 5A Dixie Heights: (0-5), allowed 181 points, scored 64 points

46-3 win over 6A Cooper: (1-4), allowed 194 points, scored 80 points

 

Highlands gave up 20+ to Scott County and Lexington Catholic (combined record of 8-2)

Simon Kenton gave up 20+ to Meade County, Bryan Station, and Dixie (combined record of 2-12)

 

I don't see Highlands scoring less than 35 in this one. Birds 40 Simon Kenton 20.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands gave up 20+ to Scott County and Lexington Catholic (combined record of 8-2)

Simon Kenton gave up 20+ to Meade County, Bryan Station, and Dixie (combined record of 2-12)

 

I don't see Highlands scoring less than 35 in this one. Birds 40 Simon Kenton 20.

 

I tend to agree with you, for the most part.

 

One thing that is worth mentioning, which I missed when I posted the two teams' records, is the fact that the Highlands/Scott County game was ended in the 2nd quarter, and given the way the game was going, that would have likely been a more lopsided win in Scott County's favor.

I’ll be rooting for SK, But I’m picking Highlands by about 14.

I would say Highlands by 24. SK just doesn’t play the kind of schedule they should to prepare for bigger games like this.

I would say Highlands by 24. SK just doesn’t play the kind of schedule they should to prepare for bigger games like this.

 

I like people estimating that Highlands will win by a comfortable margin but I’m not so sure. It all comes down how well SK establishes the run. I think this game will be tied at half, maybe even SK up. Then Highlands adjusts at half to pull out a one score win. I guess it all depends on how athletic and in-shape the SK O Line is.

How good is the Simon Kenton kicking/punting game? Field position has been great most of the year for HHS because of a great punter and kicker.

I tend to agree with you, for the most part.

 

One thing that is worth mentioning, which I missed when I posted the two teams' records, is the fact that the Highlands/Scott County game was ended in the 2nd quarter, and given the way the game was going, that would have likely been a more lopsided win in Scott County's favor.

 

The Highlands v SC game was very interesting in the first quarter, 7-7 I think. SC had a dominant second quarter and things looked bleak. Highlands has been adjusting well at the half. I’m not saying they would have won but I don’t think it’s fair assuming SC would have just continued at that 2nd quarter rate of production. Teams get hot quarters here and there. Again just saying I believe Highlands would have scored 10 more points and stopped SC a few times, not a win or crazy comeback.

Highlands has stayed pretty healthy this year and most contributors have been able to stay on the field. How healthy is Simon Kenton? Any major injuries to key players?

SK doesn't have the high powered passing game we've become accustomed to this past decade. After watching the Birds vs Knights, the Neers will need to have balance to put enough points on the board. Very impressed with HHS, they look like a serious contender in 5A so we have our work cutout come Friday. Wish I wasn't out of town.

SK's leading rusher is the QB, do they run any option? I would have guessed Sergent would have gotten the most carries.

SK doesn't have the high powered passing game we've become accustomed to this past decade. After watching the Birds vs Knights, the Neers will need to have balance to put enough points on the board. Very impressed with HHS, they look like a serious contender in 5A so we have our work cutout come Friday. Wish I wasn't out of town.

 

Highlands usually broadcasts their games on the internet.

Highlands had 22 yards of offense against Scott Co.

Highlands had 22 yards of offense against Scott Co.

 

True, Highlands had 4 bad possessions against Scott County. Game was called with 3 minutes left in the second. I wouldn’t let 4 possessions determine how good or bad a team is. A couple incomplete passes don’t hit the ground and it’s a different story. Not saying Highlands would have won, but saying those 22 yards don’t reflect how good they are.

Edited by dadof2
Typo

Highlands had 22 yards of offense against Scott Co.

 

1 play was a 14 yard pass. SC had 225 yards rushing. Highlands might be in for along night.

1 play was a 14 yard pass. SC had 225 yards rushing. Highlands might be in for along night.

 

Yep, Again they had 4 straight bad possessions. I don't think 4 possessions against Scott County will have anything to do with the game against Simon Kenton. Look at the full body of work this year, not one quarter.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.