DevilMayCare

Who gets the W?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to Highlands. Was very impressed with their pass defense against Beau Allen and pressure with the constant blitzing leaving 7 off the ball. LexCath's pass first offense had little to threaten on the ground. However, Simon Kenton is a run first team and does pass effectively off play action. Could be a very competitive game. I think the difference will be SK comes up short defensively as has been an annual trend.

I've always felt like the home field advantage at David Cecil Memorial Stadium has been good for at least 7 points in any given home game for the Bluebirds. Having the visiting team's sideline only two or three feet in front of an enormous grandstand of cheering Highlands fans is intimidating for most any team.

Based on superior strength of schedule and their performance in wins, I think Highlands wins this game by at least 14 points, and has the potential to win by something more like 28 points.

I’m going with the Birds! Duh....Lol! No seriously Highlands Defense is Night & Day better than it’s been in quite some time.

Add to the Electricity that will Fill the Stadium on Friday with Ohio University’s Band performing during Halftime and throughout the game, should be for a Exciting experience at David Cecil Memorial Stadium. The 1st time they strike up the Highlands fight song the Stadium will get quite rather loud. Can’t wait for Friday!

Go Birds!

Pretty cool Ohio University band will play there. Didn’t know that. I’m interested in how overwhelming a college level band will sound bouncing off the school in that tight stadium. How did that come about?

Pretty cool Ohio University band will play there. Didn’t know that. I’m interested in how overwhelming a college level band will sound bouncing off the school in that tight stadium. How did that come about?

Even better...I'll be there for Highlands 20th for the Class of '98.

Highlands 4-1

36-7 win over 6A Cooper: (1-4), allowed 194 points, scored 80 points

34-7 win over 6A Campbell County: (4-1), allowed 58 points, scored 101 points

28-7 loss to 6A Scott County: (4-1), allowed 92 points, scored 159 points

40-3 win over 6A Ryle: (1-4), allowed 157 points, scored 85 points

44-27 win over 3A Lexington Catholic: (4-1), allowed 110 points, scored 215 points

Simon Kenton 5-0

29-28 win over 6A Meade County: (2-3), allowed 84 points, scored 133 points

37-20 win over 6A Bryan Station: (0-4), allowed 154 points, scored 85 points

31-13 win over 6A Conner: (3-1), allowed 57 points, scored 95 points

55-20 win over 5A Dixie Heights: (0-5), allowed 181 points, scored 64 points

46-3 win over 6A Cooper: (1-4), allowed 194 points, scored 80 points