Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A #6 Highlands vs. 6A #7 Simon Kenton

Who gets the W? 110 members have voted

  1. 1. Who gets the W?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

That's why they play the game. It should be fun.

 

Exactly it should be another game. The last 2 times they played where great games.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to Highlands. Was very impressed with their pass defense against Beau Allen and pressure with the constant blitzing leaving 7 off the ball. LexCath's pass first offense had little to threaten on the ground. However, Simon Kenton is a run first team and does pass effectively off play action. Could be a very competitive game. I think the difference will be SK comes up short defensively as has been an annual trend.

I've always felt like the home field advantage at David Cecil Memorial Stadium has been good for at least 7 points in any given home game for the Bluebirds. Having the visiting team's sideline only two or three feet in front of an enormous grandstand of cheering Highlands fans is intimidating for most any team.

 

Based on superior strength of schedule and their performance in wins, I think Highlands wins this game by at least 14 points, and has the potential to win by something more like 28 points.

I’m going with the Birds! Duh....Lol! No seriously Highlands Defense is Night & Day better than it’s been in quite some time.

 

Add to the Electricity that will Fill the Stadium on Friday with Ohio University’s Band performing during Halftime and throughout the game, should be for a Exciting experience at David Cecil Memorial Stadium. The 1st time they strike up the Highlands fight song the Stadium will get quite rather loud. Can’t wait for Friday!

 

Go Birds!

Pretty cool Ohio University band will play there. Didn’t know that. I’m interested in how overwhelming a college level band will sound bouncing off the school in that tight stadium. How did that come about?

Pretty cool Ohio University band will play there. Didn’t know that. I’m interested in how overwhelming a college level band will sound bouncing off the school in that tight stadium. How did that come about?

 

Even better...I'll be there for Highlands 20th for the Class of '98.

Even better...I'll be there for Highlands 20th for the Class of '98.

 

The class year or football year?

The class year or football year?

 

Class year.

I think the first half will be competitive and the second half Highlands pulls away easily. Unless Simon Kenton has multiple 275-300 lb athletes like Scott County does, I don't see them running very efficiently against the Birds.

My pick would be:

 

Highlands 38

SK 17

I believe a check of the records will show the Bird's OWN this series 25-5.

Who is the best Defense Simon Kenton has faced this year?

Who is the best Defense Simon Kenton has faced this year?

 

St. X in scrimmage and they didn’t score, although I remember them getting in or near red zone couple times. I believe starting RB was out also.

Highlands 4-1

36-7 win over 6A Cooper: (1-4), allowed 194 points, scored 80 points

34-7 win over 6A Campbell County: (4-1), allowed 58 points, scored 101 points

28-7 loss to 6A Scott County: (4-1), allowed 92 points, scored 159 points

40-3 win over 6A Ryle: (1-4), allowed 157 points, scored 85 points

44-27 win over 3A Lexington Catholic: (4-1), allowed 110 points, scored 215 points

Simon Kenton 5-0

29-28 win over 6A Meade County: (2-3), allowed 84 points, scored 133 points

37-20 win over 6A Bryan Station: (0-4), allowed 154 points, scored 85 points

31-13 win over 6A Conner: (3-1), allowed 57 points, scored 95 points

55-20 win over 5A Dixie Heights: (0-5), allowed 181 points, scored 64 points

46-3 win over 6A Cooper: (1-4), allowed 194 points, scored 80 points

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.