Coolest Game Day Traditions in College Football

Wireman

I saw this topic on Facebook and thought it would be fun to discuss on BGP.

What are the coolest game day traditions in college football?

I'll start with Clemson...the players, coaches and staff walk through what seems like a mile long tunnel of fans to enter Death Valley. The Clemson band is situated on balconies high up on the stadium and they play the fight song as fans chant. It truly was a hair raising experience:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve been to a couple games at Notre Dame and most of the stuff that happens on game days up there is pretty cool.

Drum Corps performance in the rotunda of the administrative building.

Marching band concert on the steps.

Team goes to the chapel and marches from there all the way to the stadium flanked by fans.

And it all takes place on a really well-conceived and well-planned campus in which even the new construction is designed to look like the traditional architecture on campus.

It’s darned impressive.

- Virginia Tech has the best entrance for any team.

- I think Texas A&M has a really unique culture to their program and their fight song has a bunch of words that aren't in English and they basically trash Texas in the entire fight song which I think it hilarious. 100,000 people swaying in unison is pretty cool.

- Penn State in a white out is the best atmosphere in college football and its not even close. Just don't wear opposing teams colors to the game because you'll leave smelling like beer and bodily fluids.

- I've heard the Grove at Ole Miss is actually overrated.

- Apparently Husky Stadium is the loudest in the country due to the acoustics of the stadium.

- Something about the FSU war chant always excites me.

- The world needs less Cowbell.

- The Ohio State marching band is ridiculously good

- Madison is probably the best college town in America and Jump Around is crazy.

- LSU is at the top of my bucket list of places I haven't been to.

- Madison is probably the best college town in America and Jump Around is crazy.

I LOVE Madison and agree it is a tremendous college town. I have ran around the football field on two occasions during the marathon portion of the Wisconsin Ironman. The stadium seems really small, oddly enough. Compare that to Michigan Stadium that I have been on when empty and it seems twice the size of Camp Randall.

I LOVE Madison and agree it is a tremendous college town. I have ran around the football field on two occasions during the marathon portion of the Wisconsin Ironman. The stadium seems really small, oddly enough. Compare that to Michigan Stadium that I have been on when empty and it seems twice the size of Camp Randall.

I think the thing about Michigan Stadium is that the stadium isn’t very steep. Because of this the people in the nosebleeds are really, really, really far away from the action. Obviously it’s still the largest stadium in the country, but part of the size is an illusion making it appear much bigger than stadiums of similar capacity.

Things I've witnessed at road games.

West Virginia. Post game Country Roads. I kind of teared up.

Notre Dame. The player walk, the Irish Guard, the singing of the Alma Mater, and the pregame is pretty cool. I didn't get to see the Victory Clog when I was there, though. Go Bulls!! :D

FSU. Chief Osceola and Renegade.

Florida. The pregame with the Gator Chomp and Go Gators.

Wisconsin. Jump around was very cool from our perspective, sitting at the top of the student section. Closing State Street down to the Capitol Building after the game makes for an amazing post game experience. The best experience I've had at a road game, ever, and I've had some great times in Louisville.