Coolest Game Day Traditions in College Football

Wireman

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WVU singing Country Roads is great.

I've been to Florida and Wisconsin for basketball. Both of those places were great. I can only imagine football is just bigger and better.

At Wisconsin, did they have the students come in single file and fill the section row by row? They do this at the football games, then the students are not allowed to spread out or move around. It seemed kind of odd, to me, but neat to observe.

Clemson is super loud and a great atmosphere overall, but the actual entrance into the stadium, that's overblown IMO. Not really that "cool" at all. Incredible tailgating though!

Had field passes a few times at Ohio State. Another great tailgating atmosphere, but was expecting more once inside the stadium. As a band geek, the band is awesome, obviously.

I always felt bad for the poor band kids at UC that had to run down the steps in pre-game. :lol2:

While not Division 1, at the FCS level North Dakota State darkens their dome, crowd members have a flashing app on their phone, and team comes out to Thunderstruck with a hype video. Amazing that an FCS program gets the kind of support the Bison do.

Clemson is super loud and a great atmosphere overall, but the actual entrance into the stadium, that's overblown IMO. Not really that "cool" at all. Incredible tailgating though!

Clemson mics up the band. That noise is artificial.

Yes I will die on this hill.

At Wisconsin, did they have the students come in single file and fill the section row by row? They do this at the football games, then the students are not allowed to spread out or move around. It seemed kind of odd, to me, but neat to observe.

I didn't pay much attention at the time but I do believe I remember that now.

They 100% mic the band and the student section. I've seen the microphones. :lol2:

I wouldn't care but they are SO INVESTED in it. Remember two years ago before the Syracuse game and Petrino made an offhand remark about how loud it can get in the enclosed space of the Carrier Dome and what a unique challenge it presents and then everyone down there went INSANE, like it was a direct insult to Clemson's decibel honor? Those folks are hilarious.

I wouldn't care but they are SO INVESTED in it. Remember two years ago before the Syracuse game and Petrino made an offhand remark about how loud it can get in the enclosed space of the Carrier Dome and what a unique challenge it presents and then everyone down there went INSANE, like it was a direct insult to Clemson's decibel honor? Those folks are hilarious.

Yes. :lol2: And they crank their DJ up to obnoxious levels between plays when their defense is on the field, so yeah, it's obviously going to be loud.