Official State Playoff Brackets

oneijoe

What does @high/odd - even/low - high mean for what they call rounds 1-3 of the playoffs after the district championships are decided?

High seed is the home team the first two rnds. The odd/even thing is for 3rd rnd, if both #1's make it out then the home team is the even dist in the even yr and visa versa in the odd yr. So, this yr all the even dist will be home team if they are the higher seed, if I understand all this right.

Scenero, if Danville were to win their dist and play Bardstown, Bardstown would host this game even though Danville is in an even dist because they were a #2 seed and Bardstown is a #1 seed.

What does @high/odd - even/low - high mean for what they call rounds 1-3 of the playoffs after the district championships are decided?

It means that if both teams have tihe same seed then the game will be played at the lower group's team. For instance if Male and Trinity prevail in the first two games the game would be played at Trinity

It means that if both teams have tihe same seed then the game will be played at the lower group's team. For instance if Male and Trinity prevail in the first two games the game would be played at Trinity

This is more confusing than the way the KHSAA words things. If my previous post is wrong someone please set me straight.

wailupebob, I think your interpretation is incorrect. Trinity is in an odd numbered dist(5) and Male is in an even numbered dist(4), therefore, if these two #1 seeds would play in the 3rd round the game would be at Male not Trinity due to this being an even numbered yr, 2006!

Hearsay, Watusi where you guys at when I need ya!

This is more confusing than the way the KHSAA words things. If my previous post is wrong someone please set me straight.

wailupebob, I think your interpretation is incorrect. Trinity is in an odd numbered dist(5) and Male is in an even numbered dist(4), therefore, if these two #1 seeds would play in the 3rd round the game would be at Male not Trinity due to this being an even numbered yr, 2006!

You don't need me, you are correct.

You are right.

And just to take it one step further, if both teams are #1 seeds (or if both are #2, #3, or #4) and each of them are from an odd district, or if each are from an even district, then the team from the higher number district hosts in the even years and the team from the lower district hosts in the odd years.

For instance, this year in 2A, District 4 plays District 6 in round 3. Both teams will be from even numbered districts. So if both are the same seed, then the D6 team would host. (if it were an odd year, D4 would host)

:laugh: :laugh:

We're not as far apart on game takes as you think. You're just a little more -excitable- than me.

;) :lol:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Me, excitable?

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: