Urban suspended 3 games

Bert

I didn't realize until this morning that Ohio State put their report out AFTER the press conference, which essentially gave reporters no way to ask questions about the report. They then said this matter is closed and he will no longer answer questions about anything other than football.

Those reporters should ask only questions about that report this entire season.

Like I said, University covering itself, nothing more here.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Side note, I assume the NCAA violation the committee referred to and reported is a minor infraction and not much will come from it. Don’t you think?

And can the NCAA step in now and punish Ohio State/Urban Meyer/Gene Smith for not following precise reporting procedures in regards to Title IX?

Ohio State fans are in a word "wow". I dig your passion, cause I have it to; but I've never let that get in the way of my common sense. This ain't even rocket science....smh

We’re as crazy as the next fan base and wear red sunglasses I acknowledge that. I just think it’s bad karama to mock someone who might have a health issue.

Edited by John Anthony

I wonder what the official explanation (if there is one) being given to the OSU players of why their head coach was suspended is? I know the players can follow the story as well as any of us can, but I'd be interested how the OSU powers-that-be phrased it, especially with respect to any fault attributable to Coach Meyer.

Last night, many outside of Columbus were quick to mock the memory gaps outlined in Ohio State's report. But get this – Urban Meyer had brain surgery in 2014 for an arachnoid cyst, which messes with, among other things, memory, behavior and abstract thought.

Does it only mess with memory he wants to forget?

Gene Smith: you need to tell them at the press conference but be vague

Urban: 9 times this is the first I have heard of this and who makes up a story about this.

Committee: 20 different words that the synonym is LIE but never use that word.

OSU's next hire will be a PR firm to work with Urban on how to handle himself in a press conference. His last two pressers have hurt him (unless wins and losses are your priority).

The hiring of the PR firm may never unsay what he previously said, but any major business would have already hired someone to help both Urb and Smith in any future utterances on this matter. As it should be.

At this point, it doesn’t matter. It is what it is. It doesn’t affect me one way or another. Looking at the national coverage on this and people’s responses, 95% of the people are shocked that Ohio State puts winning over integrity and the other 5% are huge Ohio State/Urban supporters.

I don’t have to live with my decision to support a coach who is a proven liar.

Side note, I assume the NCAA violation the committee referred to and reported is a minor infraction and not much will come from it. Don’t you think?

And can the NCAA step in now and punish Ohio State/Urban Meyer/Gene Smith for not following precise reporting procedures in regards to Title IX?

The violation involved coaches going to a strip club and it’s not like they were taking players with them. That’s a small infraction in the grand scheme of things.

As far as Title 9 there is no obligation beyond reporting to the Office and since the Title 9 Office found out about the accusations in 2015 before Gene and Urban did there is no grounds for any sort of Title 9 punishment from the NCAA. The idea that Urban and Gene had to report on writing to compliance is just the wording Ohio State implemented in their own title 9 protocol which Urban and Gene did not follow. But Title 9 knew of the accusations in 2015 so the NCAA has no say over this.