Fulton City down to 9 eligible players....yet, pushing forward

Fulton City, with a enrollment of 45 boys, is currently is down to 9 eligible players listed on their roster. Wpsd sports out of Paducah recently did a piece on them and why they still play while possibly facing forfeits every game this season. The players and coach say simply they do it because "they love the game". What a tough situation these young men face, but I bet those 9 would be a good addition to anyones team.

Here is a link to the story and video:

Fulton City moving forward despite low numbers

Thanks for link. I saw it marked as a forfeit but I had also seen pictures on social media of kids from Fulton City playing the Tennessee team. Glad to know the full story.

Here's hoping Fulton City can turn it around but their numbers are just so low. They weren't placed in the alignment for 2019-22 and they don't have a middle school program. I hope they can keep going but there are several huge obstacles in front of them.

I think this is sad but inspirational. It's too bad that at least a few more boys won't give football a chance.

When I was a sophomore, our team finished the season with 11 players. I was actually injured that last game but everyone on the team played both sides of the ball for the entire game. Pretty crazy...of course, we were 0-10 that season and our coach used the restroom on the river bank (during the game) once, but that's neither here nor there.

When someone tells you about how soft this generation is, how they just quit on things, or how they don't know how to deal with tough times...

...send 'em the story of these 9 kids.

I completely agree, this could be very inspirational to MANY people, younger and older.

Looking back I was very fortunate to play on a very good team, in a very good program.

There are times that we all focus on success on the scoreboard alone, but as I get older I realize that football teaches us so much more; discipline, courage, perseverance, respect, teamwork, and the list goes on........

Those 9 kids are getting those values, even if they don't win a game.

Fulton is a great little town, we lived there for almost 3 years. One of the biggest issues is that South Fulton (TN) is literally in their backyard and has reputation as a better school (True or Not). Several people send their kids across stateline road to school in South Fulton, which has hurt enrollment at Fulton more and more as time has gone by.

I believe kids should be applauded for sticking with it.

Can we please allow Fulton County and Fulton City to just consolidate their football team??

Hats off to those boys for fighting the good fight though

This is the best idea in theory, but I'm not sure how it would be implemented. Because 1 coaching staff will be out of a job.