BGP QOTD: How do you dress the perfect burger?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

I keep my burgers pretty simple with lettuce, sliced Vidalia onion, mayo and a small amount of ketchup. When I have them I'll throw some habargadil pickles from "Pops Pepper Patch" based in Louisville, best sandwich pickles I've ever had. Sometimes I'll butter and slightly toast the bun, but usually I don't.

I do season my burgers prior to pattying them but my seasoning varies, sometimes it's just salt, pepper and a little worcestershire, but lately I've been trying the seasonings from Dizzy Pig.

Thick patty, about 1/3 pound ground chuck, add in some of my marinade consisting of low sodium Dale's seasoning sauce and some jerk marinade mixed in with the meat. Let sit out a while before grilling. Has to be grilled till about medium. I use a spice blend with kosher salt pepper onion powder garlic powder and a couple of other things sprinkled liberally over the patties before you grill. I like a good toasted bun but it doesn't have to be. A big slice of sweet onion, swiss cheese if I'm using cheese, a little mustard and a little ketchup. If I have some hot and sweet pickles available I'll use those too.

Think burger that’s has been mixed with blue cheese and a little Cajun since added. Cooked med rare and throw some more blue cheese on top of it along with sauteeed mushrooms. Soft bun (don’t toast it in the grill).

Double cheese pickle, mustard if I’m at Wendy’s.

Think burger that’s has been mixed with blue cheese and a little Cajun since added. Cooked med rare and throw some more blue cheese on top of it along with sauteeed mushrooms. Soft bun (don’t toast it in the grill).

Double cheese pickle, mustard if I’m at Wendy’s.

Completely forgot about Blue Burgerss. It’s not an everyday burger, but I do like having a good bacon and blue burger every now and then.