Walgreens is the reason we have a drug problem according to Lawsuit

plantmanky

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record there is not a Walgreen's in Clay County Kentucky.

But according to this link there are 11 :eek: in the county.

pharmacies in Clay County, KY | Reviews - Yellowbook

1. Rite Aid

2. Clay Community Pharmacy

3. Clay Discount Drug

4. Clinic Pharmacy

5. Family Drug Center (Bridge Street)

6. Family Drug Center (Manchester Shopping Center)

7. H&N Drug

8. Home Town Pharmacy

9. Infusion Care of Southeast Kentucky

10. Manchester Pharmacy

11. Morgan's Professional Pharmacy

It all comes to this though; someone had to write the prescription!

And for those not familiar with ky system, it is harder to get a doc to write a script for pain pills than it was 5 years ago. 10 years ago I had to go to my spine doc every six months to get scripts renewed. Was only asked to drug test like every two years. Then it went to three months, drug tested every year. Now I have to go every two months to get 3 scripts filled. ( Hydrocodone, nerve blocker and really strong anti inflammatory). Every time I have to pay a copay for the office visit and for the prescriptions. Doctors have been canned over the last few years for writing to many people pill scripts. It's def harder now than it was too get them. Which sucks for the people like me who use them and don't sell them. But I have never been dependent on them. Only use them (hydrocodone) when I have to. The other two scripts I take every day. I have thrown away probably 40% of my pain scripts over the last ten years. I know people who take what I take, I know people who take twice as strong a dosage and twice as many a day. The latter usually don't work and can't because they are to high all the time to do so. And I know people who take half of their scripts and sell the rest. Those people I dispise.

Edited by #99
Spelling

We have a drug problem because of drug addicts.

I was going to say that but you know, people will disagree with that statement somewhere. Lol

People have no will power to get over something when they do get hooked. In general people are weak. Society as a whole has become ignorant, lazy and week minded. All the things that make then easily addicted to anything.

And I'm sure I'll get remarks for this one. Lol

I was going to say that but you know, people will disagree with that statement somewhere. Lol

People have no will power to get over something when they do get hooked. In general people are weak. Society as a whole has become ignorant, lazy and week minded. All the things that make then easily addicted to anything.

It's the truth. Most of us are held personally responsible for the decisions we make, and drug addicts should be no different in my opinion.

Opioids were marketed as a safe way to manage pain. They aren't. Once that was recognized, everyone in the supply chain had a duty to monitor their own activities. That is drug companies, doctors, pharmacies and patients. One way to prompt people to modify their own behavior is to make it expensive not to. Hence the lawsuit.

The only remark you'll get from me is that it isn't something new. Go back one hundred or two hundred years and check out things like laudanum and opium. Addiction has always been a problem - today the world is bigger and the news is more available, thus you see it even more.

The only remark you'll get from me is that it isn't something new. Go back one hundred or two hundred years and check out things like laudanum and opium. Addiction has always been a problem - today the world is bigger and the news is more available, thus you see it even more.

They also didn't have the same concept of addiction back then. To many treating the cravings by giving the substance was actually treating whatever "disease" it was. Back then Heroin and morphine were considered to be safer than alcohol by much of society. A morphine addict and heroin addict didn't beat his wife or start fights at saloons, but a drunk did.

And access was even easier then too, you didn't even need a prescription for any of it until 1914.

So I read an article on this lawsuit and I don't want to get political so I'm trying to word this as vague as possible. Did anyone else have their antenna go up that the state is partnering with CVS and now suing maybe it's main competitor?

It's the truth. Most of us are held personally responsible for the decisions we make, and drug addicts should be no different in my opinion.

AMEN. Society has a bleeding heart which looks at the addict as a victim, then there is the blame shifters who wants it to be someone elses fault. The personal responsibility falls directly at the addicts feet. No one will ever convince me otherwise. I have been close to too many addicts and their CHOICES.

I can’t speak for Walgreens but at Kroger the pharmacy gets an email from Kroger when they are approaching their set limits on a range of opioid medications. The limit in question isn’t an actual limit but one set internally by Kroger for the store based on their prescription volume and what they reasonably think they can fill. The limit set is for the month and the pharmacy in question gets an email saying they are approaching it. No Kroger pharmacy I know of has ever went over their limit but I’ve been told if you do it gets messy as you have a bunch of paperwork, legal stuff, and reporting to the DEA among other things. My pharmacy has gotten maybe 2 or 3 emails in the 3 years I’ve worked there that we are approaching the limit. The whole purpose of the internal limit is to protecting the pharmacy and the wholesaler so we aren’t accused of this exact thing that Walgreens is accused of. I have no idea if Walgreens has any internal checks in place that would have prevented this sort of thing or if the prosecutor is just fishing.

But according to this link there are 11 :eek: in the county.

pharmacies in Clay County, KY | Reviews - Yellowbook

1. Rite Aid

2. Clay Community Pharmacy

3. Clay Discount Drug

4. Clinic Pharmacy

5. Family Drug Center (Bridge Street)

6. Family Drug Center (Manchester Shopping Center)

7. H&N Drug

8. Home Town Pharmacy

9. Infusion Care of Southeast Kentucky

10. Manchester Pharmacy

11. Morgan's Professional Pharmacy

How many of them are in Florence? roughly the same population size. I bet there is more than 11.

How many of them are in Florence? roughly the same population size. I bet there is more than 11.

Is population a fair comparison between Clay County and Florence? Come on now, the population of the three northern counties dwarfs Clay and covers less territory.

Bottom line, there wouldn't be 11 pharmacies in Manchester if there wasn't a huge demand. Why is there such a huge demand?

In Pike Co. when I lived there 15+ years ago, anywhere two creeks met there would be a pharmacy, always with bars on the windows. Where creeks meet in the mountains, roads meet, and pharmacies, convenience stores, banks, churches and fast-food joints always congregated there. The bigger the road intersection, the more stuff is packed in there.

Where in NoKy is it like that? Bad comparison. Unless Florence is full of disabled coal miners.