Head Coaches in the NBA

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn’t give him credit when you said LeBron is the coach. :lol2:

Folks say that constantly. I’m the only person defending Lue on BGP. Last night was the first time I heard anyone in the media mention Lue doing a good job as the coach.

I was being funny. You know that.

That said, LeBron absolutely calls some of the shots for that team/organization. There is no denying that.

What should Lue be getting credit for that he isn't?

I was being funny. You know that.

That said, LeBron absolutely calls some of the shots for that team/organization. There is no denying that.

What should Lue be getting credit for that he isn't?

I was wondering. I know your hate levels well. :lol2:

Cleveland’s success. They shouldn’t have beaten Indiana and I definitely didn’t see them sweeping Toronto and getting the Coach of the Year fired.

When Cleveland does good we see LeBron get all of the praise. And yes, when Cleveland does good LeBron deserves a ton of praise. If Cleveland loses to Boston, watch Ty Lue get all of the blame.

I was wondering. I know your hate levels well. :lol2:

Cleveland’s success. They shouldn’t have beaten Indiana and I definitely didn’t see them sweeping Toronto and getting the Coach of the Year fired.

When Cleveland does good we see LeBron get all of the praise. And yes, when Cleveland does good LeBron deserves a ton of praise. If Cleveland loses to Boston, watch Ty Lue get all of the blame.

I saw an interesting thread on Twitter (I think) last night where someone was arguing that LeBron didn't really make the players around him better because of how he approaches the game sometimes. A couple people even argued he makes them worse. :lol2:

I saw an interesting thread on Twitter (I think) last night where someone was arguing that LeBron didn't really make the players around him better because of how he approaches the game sometimes. A couple people even argued he makes them worse. :lol2:

:lol2: :lol2:

That is pretty funny.

I don't want to say makes them worse, but the style of play is dictated around how LeBron plays and is facilitating. They are predictable. And if the right pieces are not in place, his teams struggle. And I am fine saying the roster isn't what it is supposed to be, if you (not specifically you, Deuce) are fine admitting LeBron is the one who assembles the roster.

The surrounding talent is dreadful...

No, it really isn't. Not saying it is Championship caliber, but people act like he is playing with a bunch of scrubs. Why is it that this problem only follows LeBron?

And if it is a shoddy roster, it is because he put the pieces in place. That's what you get when you give ultimate power to one player and he lobbies for guys like JR Smith and Tristan Thompson to get massive pay days.

Head coaches are extremely important. Being able to get a bunch of millionaires to buy in, listen and execute what you are preaching is hard as hell. I’d argue that Boston and Golden State aren’t where they are without Brad Stevens and Steve Kerr.

Completely agree. Stevens changed Boston, Kerr changed the Warriors and Pop made the Spurs what they are. Teams who play ad as a true team have the most consistent success.

Thats why I think LeBron is his own worst enemy in the never ending need more help cry. He has basically been the GM and coach for his teams the last 8 years. They play like how he wants them to play. Which limits other players from truly stepping up like we see with teams like Celtics and Warriors. Warriors have proven you can even play a true team style with lots of movement even with stars. Playing that way allows even role players to be at their best. Which is why Celtics, warriors, and Spurs for the last 20 years have been so successful. Their styles allow all players to perform at their best.

Coaching matters but stars have to be willing to adapt to that.

LeBron gets much of the blame for the Cavs performance and probably rightly so...but this season he put up career highs in rebounds and assist, was his 4th highest scoring season while shooting over 60% inside the arc. The problem with the Cavs is consistency of the rest of the team. They are either all hitting or no one can hit a shot in a game. The line between winning and losing is razor thin for them and in my opinion Ty Lue doesn't do much to help in tight situations.

LeBron gets much of the blame for the Cavs performance and probably rightly so...but this season he put up career highs in rebounds and assist, was his 4th highest scoring season while shooting over 60% inside the arc. The problem with the Cavs is consistency of the rest of the team. They are either all hitting or no one can hit a shot in a game. The line between winning and losing is razor thin for them and in my opinion Ty Lue doesn't do much to help in tight situations.

Ehhhh, in tight situations there really isn’t anything Ty Lue can do. If the ball isn’t in LeBron’s hands in tight situations then Ty Lue should be fired on the spot.

Ehhhh, in tight situations there really isn’t anything Ty Lue can do. If the ball isn’t in LeBron’s hands in tight situations then Ty Lue should be fired on the spot.

I agree. They tend to win the tight games, because they put the ball in his hands. Lately when they lose its decided way before the final moments.