Head Coaches in the NBA

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll find out about Lue's ability next year once LeBron bolts in the offseason.

So if LeBron leaves and Cleveland’s roster doesn’t add a top 10 superstar in his absence what would Cleveland have to do for you to believe Ty Lue is a good coach?

So if LeBron leaves and Cleveland’s roster doesn’t add a top 10 superstar in his absence what would Cleveland have to do for you to believe Ty Lue is a good coach?

Be competitive. Stay out of the basement in the East.

I don't think Lue's been terrible. Problem is we don't really know what is his doing and what's LeBron. Any team that LeBron is on, he's the main guy calling the shots.

If he leaves Cleveland wont they fire Lue and bring someone else in?

Be competitive. Stay out of the basement in the East.

I don't think Lue's been terrible. Problem is we don't really know what is his doing and what's LeBron. Any team that LeBron is on, he's the main guy calling the shots.

We both know roster personnel goes a long way. If Cleveland can’t land a top 10 superstar to replace LeBron they’ll be in the basement regardless of who their coach is.

As it should be. LeBron should have a say in every decision made in Cleveland. That doesn’t mean Lue doesn’t do squat, doesn’t have any input and is a bad coach. When Cleveland does good LeBron gets all the credit. When Cleveland does bad you’ll see folks blaming Lue. Lue makes good money to coach the Cavs. All signs pointing to LeBron handpicking Lue to take over for Blatt. They won a title together. Defeated one of the greatest teams ever to win that title. They obviously are making things work as a player and coach. Cleveland’s defense is horrible. Has been all year. Is that on LeBron or Ty Lue? Now, I don’t think Lue is a great coach but I don’t think he is just keeping a seat warm and a coach in name only either.

We both know roster personnel goes a long way. If Cleveland can’t land a top 10 superstar to replace LeBron they’ll be in the basement regardless of who their coach is.

They shouldn't be. Way too much talent on that roster to be in the basement.

I didn't say that and don't think that. I just don't see where he isn't getting credit he's due.

You didn’t give him credit when you said LeBron is the coach. :lol2:

Folks say that constantly. I’m the only person defending Lue on BGP. Last night was the first time I heard anyone in the media mention Lue doing a good job as the coach.

:lol2:

Love, Hood, and Clarkson give them a decent core IMO. There is no way that team should be worse than Atlanta or Orlando.

I do like Love more by himself than with LeBron and I am big fans of Hood and Clarkson. I also think they should be better than Atlanta and Orlando. Point taken.

I don’t think George Hill, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Jeff Green are good pieces though.