Ford to stop making all but two cars for North America

Jumper_Dad

Ranger returning also... Ford going after small truck market that no longer exist. I think it's a great move. With turbo 4 cyl with 300 hp, and 28-30 mpg, has to work. Not everyone need a full-size truck

We've decided not to purchase another Ford - Bought a Taurus brand new and the engine blew at 88K (yes, it was under warranty due to the issue). Just gave a family member a F150 2003 pickup truck with only 139K miles. The family member needed this vehicle more than we did.

Ranger returning also... Ford going after small truck market that no longer exist. I think it's a great move. With turbo 4 cyl with 300 hp, and 28-30 mpg, has to work. Not everyone need a full-size truck

But it's not small size, it's a midsize pickup just like the Colorado and the Canyon from GM. I've been following the recent articles and reading a lot of comments, there are a lot of people that think it's a mistake. Only one engine and transmission choice. If it does sell and starts eating into the F-150 sales that will not be good for Ford who has been #1 in the truck market for 40 years in a row in sales of the F-150. As a Ford fan who has a 1996 Ford Ranger XLT bought brand new, I'm still not decided on what I think about the new Ranger.

Edited by Jumper_Dad
R13

but it's not small size, it's a midsize pickup just like the Colorado and the Canyon from GM. I've been following the recent articles and reading a lot of comments, there are a lot of people that think it's a mistake. only one engine and transmission choice. if it does sell and starts eating into the F-150 sales that will not be good for Ford who has been #1 in the truck market for 40 years in a row in sales of the F-150. As a Ford fan who has a 1996 Ford Ranger XLT bought brand new, I'm still not decided on what I think about the new Ranger.

I'm not a truck guy, but I made a mistake when I didn't buy my Dad's Ford Ranger after he died in 2012. It was a 2008 with under 9000 miles that he had bought new. We ended up selling it back to the dealership for a really nice chunk of change, but I've been kicking myself ever since.

But it's not small size, it's a midsize pickup just like the Colorado and the Canyon from GM. I've been following the recent articles and reading a lot of comments, there are a lot of people that think it's a mistake. Only one engine and transmission choice. If it does sell and starts eating into the F-150 sales that will not be good for Ford who has been #1 in the truck market for 40 years in a row in sales of the F-150. As a Ford fan who has a 1996 Ford Ranger XLT bought brand new, I'm still not decided on what I think about the new Ranger.

They are putting a 2.3 Liter EcoBoost in it with a 10-speed transmission, what other engine options you looking for? I think once the Ranger Raptor is released (later on) there is to be another powerplant, possibly a turbo diesel as the overseas Rangers are going to get.

If it eats into F-150 sales it would be bad for Ford, but I think they are counting on eating into Toyota, Chevy, Dodge, Nissan and others.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

We've decided not to purchase another Ford - Bought a Taurus brand new and the engine blew at 88K (yes, it was under warranty due to the issue). Just gave a family member a F150 2003 pickup truck with only 139K miles. The family member needed this vehicle more than we did.

Did you give the truck away because the Taurus blew up?

What I have seen in the ranger specs puts it at the size of the original Chevy Colorado or Dodge Dakota. The newer body style Colorado is damn near the same size as the 90s 1500. The Dakota grew in size over the years as well. But so did the full size trucks.

Edited by Jumper_Dad
R14