Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville Man Accused of Shooting at Police Appears in Court

Featured Replies

I keep forgetting about Tamir Rice’s criminal record and the crime he committed when the cops shot him. I keep forgetting Philando Castile’s crime as well. What were they again?

 

Didn’t see a rap sheet on Rice. According to daily mail Castile has been pulled over and sited 31 times and sited 63 times for DWB.

 

Philando Castile had been pulled over 31 times and charged 63 times by officers | Daily Mail Online

  • Replies 77
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Could it be anything other than the race of the two suspects? There are several factors that could be the reason. Time of day and visibility could be two factors contributing to the actions of the police. Race is another. Which factors are incidental and which are instrumental? Can you think of any factors that could be instrumental that do not involve race?

 

Could it be? I guess that’s possible. The main factor was that he was white. Only logical explanation, IMO.

  • Author
At what point is a police officer justified in shooting a suspect?

 

Does he have to see a weapon?

 

Does he not only have to see a weapon but see the suspect pointing the weapon at him?

 

If a police officer sees a weapon in a suspects hands pointed at the ground and tells the suspect repeatedly to drop the weapon and he does not drop it, at what point is the police officer justified in shooting the suspect?

 

Is a police officer shooting a suspect ever justified if he shoots a suspect in the back?

 

I cant think of one situation where an officer would be justified shooting someone without first seeing a weapon. After that, if they see a weapon in the suspects possession and they make a move towards the officer, I’d say it would be justified most of the time.

 

As for shooting a suspect in the back, the only way that could ever be justified is if the suspect was running away and shooting behind him, towards police.

I cant think of one situation where an officer would be justified shooting someone without first seeing a weapon. After that, if they see a weapon in the suspects possession and they make a move towards the officer, I’d say it would be justified most of the time.

 

As for shooting a suspect in the back, the only way that could ever be justified is if the suspect was running away and shooting behind him, towards police.

 

That or if they were chasing a suspect who was running away from them, but randomly firing at other people as they fled...

Didn’t see a rap sheet on Rice. According to daily mail Castile has been pulled over and sited 31 times and sited 63 times for DWB.

 

Philando Castile had been pulled over 31 times and charged 63 times by officers | Daily Mail Online

 

Well Tamir was only 12 so I’m guessing his rap sheet was relatively small. I could be wrong though. He could have been a heartless young thug out there in the streets.

 

I didn’t know that about Castile. I guess he deserved to get shot in front of his wife and kid after all. Thug.

Could it be? I guess that’s possible. The main factor was that he was white. Only logical explanation, IMO.
So the only logical explanation is the cops didn't shoot this guy because he's white? Essentially the only logical explanation is the cops are racist? I mean the article in the OP gave pretty much zero information regarding details and from that the only logical explanation is he wasn't shot because he's white? I just want to make sure I'm clear on your position.
Clearly.

 

What, in your opinion, made these two scenarios different based on the information we have?

 

There's not nearly enough information to say.

 

They're two completely different situations in different states with different officers though. Who knows what information was provided.

I cant think of one situation where an officer would be justified shooting someone without first seeing a weapon. After that, if they see a weapon in the suspects possession and they make a move towards the officer, I’d say it would be justified most of the time.

 

As for shooting a suspect in the back, the only way that could ever be justified is if the suspect was running away and shooting behind him, towards police.

 

If someone fired shots, then immediately turned to run, and police shot at them, you don't think that would be justified?

  • Author
So the only logical explanation is the cops didn't shoot this guy because he's white? Essentially the only logical explanation is the cops are racist? I mean the article in the OP gave pretty much zero information regarding details and from that the only logical explanation is he wasn't shot because he's white? I just want to make sure I'm clear on your position.

 

My position is the most obvious difference in the two cases is race.

  • Author
If someone fired shots, then immediately turned to run, and police shot at them, you don't think that would be justified?

 

That could probably be justified, but they couldn't keep shooting at him.

Well Tamir was only 12 so I’m guessing his rap sheet was relatively small. I could be wrong though. He could have been a heartless young thug out there in the streets.

 

I didn’t know that about Castile. I guess he deserved to get shot in front of his wife and kid after all. Thug.

 

Maybe Castile was deaf?

  • Author
So the only logical explanation is the cops didn't shoot this guy because he's white? Essentially the only logical explanation is the cops are racist? I mean the article in the OP gave pretty much zero information regarding details and from that the only logical explanation is he wasn't shot because he's white? I just want to make sure I'm clear on your position.

 

Saying the main difference is race and calling the cops racist are two different things to me.

Saying the main difference is race and calling the cops racist are two different things to me.
Your saying black suspect is dead because he is black and white suspect is alive because he's alive. Seems clear.
That could probably be justified, but they couldn't keep shooting at him.

 

Depends on the situation.

 

Tennessee vs Garner....

 

"The justices held that deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.