Barack Obama -- President in 2008

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bolded one confused me. Why would we provide welfare benefits for someone that is not a citizen of this country? If they come to this country to better themselves and it is not working, should the thought be to return home, seek citizenship rather than let the government continue to support you until you can make it work.

We do provide welfare benefits (on a limit basis) for some. Some that has just arrived and is "with child".

President Obama? Regardless of the hype provided by the rearend-kissers in the media, it is ridiculous. He has never faced adversity in his political career. He can, for now, spout all the touchy, feely, politically correct, conciliatory rhetoric he chooses because Oprah, Larry King, Olbermann, Couric, et als. won't dare rock his boat. However, if he is ever really taken seriously, it will be like bologna running through a meatgrinder.

President Obama? Regardless of the hype provided by the rearend-kissers in the media, it is ridiculous. He has never faced adversity in his political career. He can, for now, spout all the touchy, feely, politically correct, conciliatory rhetoric he chooses because Oprah, Larry King, Olbermann, Couric, et als. won't dare rock his boat. However, if he is ever really taken seriously, it will be like bologna running through a meatgrinder.

The liberal media is eating this up. Can you imagine how much TV coverage we would see if a female and a minority were on the same ticket running together for a presidential election?

Tell us why you think if he runs for president that he won't be able to handle the media and his opponents.

Tell us why you think if he runs for president that he won't be able to handle the media and his opponents.

I would agree that I don't think he has faced the full out negative press that a run for President will result in. I would think he has not faced the unbelievable scrutiny that EVERY SINGLE action in your life undergoes in a run for the President. I don't think he has the experience to draw on in facing this.

But whether he can handle it or not without any experience of it, I won't go that far in my agreement.

It is not difficult to look good when you are hitting puff balls served up on a platter. The truth is that, so far, he has no record of accomplishment upon which to run. Other than portraying a rock star to the delight of carefully chosen audiences, what has he ever done? What important work has he initiated in the Senate? For that matter, what small accomplishment does he have since being elected?

Puffball does not prepare you for hardball. If the liberals are banking on a pretty face, I would recommend Demi Moore. I would have recommended Fastbreak, Rickyp, or Spindoc since all three have a record at least as significant as Obama but they are far too conservative.