What is the minimum jump it would take to lure Coach Brannen away?

Oldbird

I know he is at home at NKU, but there are jobs both in terms of money and prestige that will be too hard to take down. What is the minimum?

For instance Middle Tennessee is open (or will soon be). If offered would he take it? Conference USA and say he gets a $200M pay bump.

I know he is at home at NKU, but there are jobs both in terms of money and prestige that will be too hard to take down. What is the minimum?

For instance Middle Tennessee is open (or will soon be). If offered would he take it? Conference USA and say he gets a $200M pay bump.

I'm guessing you meant $2M not $200M, cause for that kind of dough I think Coach K or Cal would be moving to TN.

I'm guessing you meant $2M not $200M, cause for that kind of dough I think Coach K or Cal would be moving to TN.

I work in the financial sector and they use M to mean a thousand so $200M in my world is $200,000. I forget that the only place I see that is in my workspace.

It's an interesting question.

I don't think MTSU would do it, but that's just my guess.

Guess it all really depends on how happy he is in Highland Heights, and I get the impression that he's quite happy here.

I believe I heard coach makes $400,000 so a raise of $200M would be significant. You don't think that would do it?

I believe I heard coach makes $400,000 so a raise of $200M would be significant. You don't think that would do it?

No, I don't for a minute think he would leave NKU for MTSU, even if he went up to $800,000. MTSU just had the mother of all seasons (for them) and still needed to win their Tourney to get invited to the party -- why would he leave all he has here (family, momentum, big city, relationships) for an identical "big picture" situation. The money will be there.

I don't think he'd be the first or second interview at Xavier when Chris leaves (right now), but I think he'd be the third and he has to like those odds.

Now, a P5 job with a seven-figure pay-day would be tough to turn down, to be sure. I don't think he has a prayer at Georgia, nor do I think he is dying for that job, but you'd have to at least look at it.

Yeah I'd say he is gone for either $2M or $200M. :lol2: