Middlesboro vs. Leslie County Predictions

And wasn't the Corbin-Middlesboro game tied 42-42 early in the fourth quarter?

It was tied at 42 with 5:00 to go in the 4th quarter and Corbin had the ball. They drove out close to midfield before a intentional grounding and a sack pushed them back about 30 yards and they had to punt. M'boro scored in about 1 minute, then Corbin threw an INT which gave M'boro the ball deep in Corbin territory and they scored in a play or two and then scored again after Corbin went 4 and out.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was tied at 42 with 5:00 to go in the 4th quarter and Corbin had the ball. They drove out close to midfield before a intentional grounding and a sack pushed them back about 30 yards and they had to punt. M'boro scored in about 1 minute, then Corbin threw an INT which gave M'boro the ball deep in Corbin territory and they scored in a play or two and then scored again after Corbin went 4 and out.
Thanks for the info. If Leslie does play Middlesboro tougher, the game will go down to the wire.

If Earls gives Leslie a hard time & your saying he did last year, then that doesnt automatically mean good things for the Jackets... Remember last year ?
If I remember correctly Middlesboro had several turnovers in that game last year ,Leslie County could not stop us (We pretty much beat ourselves with turnovers).

This year is different (Other than Central when had 6 turnovers) we are not turning the football over 7 times a game like we did last year , IMHO no team really stopped us last year.

If I remember correctly Middlesboro had several turnovers in that game last year ,Leslie County could not stop us (We pretty much beat ourselves with turnovers).

This year is different (Other than Central when had 6 turnovers) we are not turning the football over 7 times a game like we did last year , IMHO no team really stopped us last year.

lol...the final score was 37-14. Middlesboro could not stop Leslies Howard as he rushed for a School Record 322 yards! Middlesboro did commit 7 TO's & recovered 3 more of their own fumbles. Who made them turn the ball over? Oh yea...Leslie. So yes, Leslie did stop you last year & hopefully they do it again this year.

You also have to point out that Earls touches the ball around 10 to 12 time a game at running back so I'm sure Howard will have more yards, but Earls also has around 700 yds receiving for about 10 tds as well. The Ford kid was out against Breathit and Earls carried it 20 times and rushed for 225!

I see this game going down to the wire. Breathitt seemed to fade away in the second half and their defence couldnt stop Middlesboro to many times. But when they did it seemed that Breathitt could score at will on Middlesboro's Defence. The Howard kid from leslie is a good running back, he and Beckam Herald are some of the best in the mountains. I see this game being a good one. But I hope that leslie comes out on top.

Mboro-35

Leslie-42

Middlesboro ran 2 plays last Friday that for some reason we couldn't get a handle on. They ran a spread option type play and about a 8 yard hitch to #7 that was there all night long. The option was almost allways to the side #7 was on and he ran off the corner and the pitch man was left open for the first 7 or 8 yards before any contact was made. We did a good job with our assignments except for covering the pitch man better and the coverage on # 7 was way to soft. As soon as he made the catch he would curl back inside and make the first guy miss every time. Middlesboro has a great offence but are a little weak on defence. If their D can step up, they will be very hard to beat.

I've seen both Leslie and Middlesboro play and I would love to see Leslie beat them but if it's another shoot out like last week, I don't know if Leslie has enough of a passing game to hang with them. On the other hand, Leslies' strong running game will help them play keep away form the Jackets. Leslie neads to limit their mistakes with penalties and TO's. If they do that, I think they can beat Middlesboro.

It going to be a good game.

Good luck to both teams.

There isn't a better back in the mountains than Earls. Just ask Ron Zook who has him coming up for an official visit at Illinois next weekend where they will host him for the Ohio State game.

In the past four games, Earls has accounted for 504 yards on 43 carries as well as receiving for 307 yards. 6 rushing TDs and 3 receiving TDs.

I don't know about that. Earls is an extremely impressive back, but he doesn't have teams gameplanning their defense to stop just him like some of the other great backs in the mountains. Like Roshkopf from Lynn Camp, Miller from Rockcastle Co., Howard from Leslie, Willis from Perry Central, or Grimm from Johnson Central. I think there are a lot of great backs in the mountains this year.

Well, acouple of those names that you have mentioned arre the star on that team. At Middlesboro, if you try to stop one player there are about 6 or 7 other guys you will have to stop as well. If you just try to stop the Earls kid, then you bettet be ready for Hoskins, Ford, Bowling, Adams, Farr, Adams, Russell, and the Crawford boy. At any minute one of these kids can score and they do it in a hurry. If anyone of these kids was on a team where they would be the main player, their star would be shining BRIGHT!