Admirals off-week, what do they do??

So, Danville gets the week off to rest, recuperate, and recover from the kick in the teeth that Frankfort delivered last night. So, what do you think that the Admirals do this week at practice as they prepare for their their 1st round game next Friday vs. in all likelihood Trimble Co??

My guess is that Danville will try to heal, both mentally and physically, and see which kids step up and get ready for a hopeful run at the title while finding out which kids "fold up the tents" and call it a season. I am sure that the coaches are gonna continue to work and get prepared for the playoffs, but to me it is up to those players(especially that senior group) to refocus and prepare for the task at hand.

Anyone else??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Danville gets the week off to rest, recuperate, and recover from the kick in the teeth that Frankfort delivered last night. So, what do you think that the Admirals do this week at practice as they prepare for their their 1st round game next Friday vs. in all likelihood Trimble Co??

My guess is that Danville will try to heal, both mentally and physically, and see which kids step up and get ready for a hopeful run at the title while finding out which kids "fold up the tents" and call it a season. I am sure that the coaches are gonna continue to work and get prepared for the playoffs, but to me it is up to those players(especially that senior group) to refocus and prepare for the task at hand.

Anyone else??

Have some fun playing another game or two. Not a chance they win state.

Anyone else??

Listen, Danville, like them or not, has won several titles, some of them with losses during the season. This is a program that knows how to recover from a loss and bounce back. I wouldn't count them out just yet.

You know, championships can be won by teams that are not undefeated!

Though this may not apply to posters on this thread, I think what bothers me most is all of the people that have "jumped off" the Ad bandwagon after this one lost. Man, support your team in the good times and the bad!

My support is unlimited for the Ads! Like I said the Ads have no pressure on them,if Frankfort can beat the Ads twice in three weeks they will be the team above teams!

Listen, Danville, like them or not, has won several titles, some of them with losses during the season. This is a program that knows how to recover from a loss and bounce back. I wouldn't count them out just yet.

I agree. Danville is one of the top 5 programs in the state in all classes.. All they done is just make the Ads mad. :madman: :fight: :madman:

Harp is a great one, no doubt. Perry is a great one, no doubt. It will take the players in a rematch, I fully believe that. Nothing that I saw Danville do was any different than they have done all year with their offense in winning 9 games; it looked to me that they did not excecute up front AT ALL on both sides of the ball and the Panthers made them pay dearly for it. I also saw those heads begin to hang right after the fumbled kickoff to open the 2nd half. That worries me big time! Do those players not know how to play through adversity? That to me is the deciding factor-the kids wanting it so badly that they will sell out and go all out till the whistles blow every down, not just when things are going well. There is no coaching around that can make the players do this-they have to find the will and courage to get it done as players; Be a warrior and go to war!!

I am not off the bandwagon.......nor will I ever be! I see hope in every game. The one thing that bothers me about the team.........or may I say the coaches is that there are many people who have said that there are a few good coaches out there that wanted to be part of the staff........why weren't they allowed. Seems like we may need another offensive coordinator...........one that really bleeds blue. Many Danville fans may know what I mean!:cool:

I am not off the bandwagon.......nor will I ever be! I see hope in every game. The one thing that bothers me about the team.........or may I say the coaches is that there are many people who have said that there are a few good coaches out there that wanted to be part of the staff........why weren't they allowed. Seems like we may need another offensive coordinator...........one that really bleeds blue. Many Danville fans may know what I mean!:cool:

Yea, I think you need to explain. 13 points is the least Danville has scored all year, their closest performance... 33. You are averaging 50 points a game against some pretty good teams even after including this game. Before this game you were averaging 54.6. Unless there is some serious unrest in Admiral Country concerning Coach Harp, I think this is just another case of panic. You have only lost one game, calm down boss.