Spacex Liftoff

doomer

This just occurred at 3:50EST. I recommend you watch a replay if it is available. The process was roughly 10 mins., and it is literally one of the coolest things I've ever seen. The technology is out of a sci-fi movie with multiple cameras and angles. It was just incredible...gave me chills.

The landing of the side boosters back at the cape was what got me. Amazing stuff.

The 3rd booster was supposed to land on a drone ship out in the Atlantic, but the booster lost TV feed and Space X didn't indicate what happened to that one.

The landing of the side boosters back at the cape was what got me. Amazing stuff.

The 3rd booster was supposed to land on a drone ship out in the Atlantic, but the booster lost TV feed and Space X didn't indicate what happened to that one.

The boosters coming back in and landing simultaneously was surreal. Apparently the core apparently didn't land successfully on the drone ship. However it must have hit close because they lost video feed.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/6/16980954/spacex-falcon-heavy-rocket-middle-core-failed-landing

I was reading last night, and apparently the on top of being the most powerful rocket and carrying one of the largest payloads among all modern rockets, the SpaceX Falcon Heavy is also notably less expensive to launch - $90 million per launch, as compared to NASA's upcoming SLS shuttles, which are expected to run about $1 billion per launch.

We need to go back to the moon.

It's been almost half a century since the last time anyone walked in the moon, largely because in the grand scheme, there just isn't that much remaining valuable scientific information to be gained from it when you compare it to the cost of sending a mission to the moon.

There is actually a lot of talk about SpaceX's programs renewing efforts to go to the moon, though. Even some discussion of the moon becoming a millionaire's tourist destination of sorts.

It's been almost half a century since the last time anyone walked in the moon, largely because in the grand scheme, there just isn't that much remaining valuable scientific information to be gained from it when you compare it to the cost of sending a mission to the moon.

There is actually a lot of talk about SpaceX's programs renewing efforts to go to the moon, though. Even some discussion of the moon becoming a millionaire's tourist destination of sorts.

I just want to be able to watch it on TV. Can you imagine how awesome it would be if those first walks happened with today's technology?