Best Oldest Gym still in operation

I would have to say there are few old schools left out there and now with the days of the crackerbox gym we have come to large fieldhouses and forget what the old gym of yesteryear was.

Two of my Favorite Old-School Gyms:

Augusta 1926 Gym

Maysville High Gym (The now Maysville-Mason Lady Royals Gym)

Bracken County Gym

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say there are few old schools left out there and now with the days of the crackerbox gym we have come to large fieldhouses and forget what the old gym of yesteryear was.

Augusta 1926 Gym

Bracken County Gym

I like the gym at Augusta.

I'm not sure about the best part but this has to be one of the oldest gyms still in us..It is Riverside Christian home Gym...It has a big Christmas tree in it(or used to) and will probabily seat 50 people..JMO..the rims there are more like 9 1/2 ft instead of ten. It is something you have to see if you've never seen it, go to a Riverside home game and see for yourself its a sight, makes for some good basketball though..and its in the middle of nowhere, Lost Creek I think is what they call it..some really Nice people their though.

Augusta 1926 Gym

Bracken County Gym

Augusta's gym was kinda like our old gym inside the school, since then our old gym at Deming has been converted into a all purpose room plus they have added a couple of classrooms in the old gym.

Augusta's gym was kinda like our old gym inside the school, since then our old gym at Deming has been converted into a all purpose room plus they have added a couple of classrooms in the old gym.

I have seen that old gym before when we had academics up there. I never really thought it was a gym. My dad says it was but I never really knew

Augusta's gym is super old and when it's packed it sends chills throughout. Another gym that is still in operation, though remodeled lately is Saint Patrick's, now referred to by many as "the Saint Dome". I remember when out of bounds passes were made by standing behind a dotted line because the out of bounds area was less than a foot wide.

Augusta's gym is super old and when it's packed it sends chills throughout. Another gym that is still in operation, though remodeled lately is Saint Patrick's, now referred to by many as "the Saint Dome". I remember when out of bounds passes were made by standing behind a dotted line because the out of bounds area was less than a foot wide.

I remembered that, kinda of confusing to some of the visiting teams.