Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Oldest Gym still in operation

Featured Replies

I would have to say there are few old schools left out there and now with the days of the crackerbox gym we have come to large fieldhouses and forget what the old gym of yesteryear was.

 

Two of my Favorite Old-School Gyms:

Augusta 1926 Gym

Maysville High Gym (The now Maysville-Mason Lady Royals Gym)

Bracken County Gym

  • Replies 93
  • Views 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alumni Gym, as it is now called, was the site of many historic games. It is a fine facility. However, my loyalties rest with the old gymnasium at Holy Family. It had/has a fine "home court" aura.

I don't think it's really that old, although it sure looks that way; but in Northern KY, Holy Cross's gym sure has that "throwback feel"!!

I would have to say there are few old schools left out there and now with the days of the crackerbox gym we have come to large fieldhouses and forget what the old gym of yesteryear was.

 

Two of my Favorite Old-School Gyms:

Augusta 1926 Gym

Maysville High Gym (The now Maysville-Mason Lady Royals Gym)

Bracken County Gym

 

I like the gym at Augusta.

Alumni Gym, as it is now called, was the site of many historic games. It is a fine facility. However, my loyalties rest with the old gymnasium at Holy Family. It had/has a fine "home court" aura.

:thumb:

I'm not sure about the best part but this has to be one of the oldest gyms still in us..It is Riverside Christian home Gym...It has a big Christmas tree in it(or used to) and will probabily seat 50 people..JMO..the rims there are more like 9 1/2 ft instead of ten. It is something you have to see if you've never seen it, go to a Riverside home game and see for yourself its a sight, makes for some good basketball though..and its in the middle of nowhere, Lost Creek I think is what they call it..some really Nice people their though.

I would have to say there are few old schools left out there and now with the days of the crackerbox gym we have come to large fieldhouses and forget what the old gym of yesteryear was.

 

Two of my Favorite Old-School Gyms:

Augusta 1926 Gym

Maysville High Gym (The now Maysville-Mason Lady Royals Gym)

Bracken County Gym

Augusta's gym was kinda like our old gym inside the school, since then our old gym at Deming has been converted into a all purpose room plus they have added a couple of classrooms in the old gym.

  • Author
Augusta's gym was kinda like our old gym inside the school, since then our old gym at Deming has been converted into a all purpose room plus they have added a couple of classrooms in the old gym.

I have seen that old gym before when we had academics up there. I never really thought it was a gym. My dad says it was but I never really knew

Augusta's gym is super old and when it's packed it sends chills throughout. Another gym that is still in operation, though remodeled lately is Saint Patrick's, now referred to by many as "the Saint Dome". I remember when out of bounds passes were made by standing behind a dotted line because the out of bounds area was less than a foot wide.

Augusta's gym is super old and when it's packed it sends chills throughout. Another gym that is still in operation, though remodeled lately is Saint Patrick's, now referred to by many as "the Saint Dome". I remember when out of bounds passes were made by standing behind a dotted line because the out of bounds area was less than a foot wide.

I remembered that, kinda of confusing to some of the visiting teams.

I like Somerset's joint — has a really cool feel to it, even with the renovations.

 

Monticello's gym is a real crackerbox with character.

There was a gym in Flemingsburg which is where the Simmons Middle School is you used to have to climb down to get to the gym to get to the floor, since then it's been redone.

Anyone played at Lewisburg gym, or the Germantown gyms, or how about at the Potter's house gym?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.