Best Oldest Gym still in operation

How about Hazard's gym? Fantastic feel when you're on the floor. Years ago we played a game there and it had one toilet in the visiting lockerrom, right in the middle with no walls around it. Talk about a home court advantage.

I think it's a charming place if you don't have to go there often. I can see why opponents would hate it — especially the awful visitor's locker room.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Hazard's gym? Fantastic feel when you're on the floor. Years ago we played a game there and it had one toilet in the visiting lockerrom, right in the middle with no walls around it. Talk about a home court advantage.
Best seat in the house... festival seating... no reservations... :lol:

I actually had a chance to go into the old Bracken school and gym during the spring of 2005. The whole school is full of bats, mice and birds. The gym floor was covered in dust and it looked like the last event to be held there was a prom because there are balloons and decorations everywhere. The floor sqeaks really bad when you walk on it. I was always told that it was a "good shooting" gym. It is unique to me because on one side the bleachers are moveable, and on the other side the bleachers are stationary. That was always neat to me.

I don't know about it being flooded though.

Sad thing that some schools can't take care of their old buildings. Sad thing, it probably won't be there in a few years. One of my teachers said that when she attended a relative's graduation in the 80's she said that they had already condemned. I like that building though bad thing with birds and stuff. Anyone have pics of the inside of that place?

I have been in Germantown's gym and school and the bathrooms are old school:lol: I mean the urinals are troughs and IMO it is completely preKERA and pre2000.

Down at Augusta the floor sqeaks both in the school and the gym (if you listen carefully). Bad thing about our floor, it will have to be replaced in 15-30 years if not sooner because of it being repeatedly sanded over the years. It is the origional wooden floor that was in the gym.

As for me keep all of the new school buildings and gyms away from me. :ylsuper: OLD SKOOL ROCKS :ylsuper:

I remember MMI's Gym bleachers are so old looking there, maybe some Thompson's waterseal maybe needed or maybe they needed to be replaced, although now there's no reason why, since the school's closing. I hate to hear a community losing a school.

I was looking on KDE's website and I saw Deming is planning to get a new $15 Million Prek-12 school building. Can anyone tell me if they decided where to put it?

I think it's been in the works for awhile but never really heard to much where or when they may start actually building, but I also heard some of Robertson County's finest is wanting to donate some land for a new school. That's all I know about this.

I think it's been in the works for awhile but never really heard to much where or when they may start actually building, but I also heard some of Robertson County's finest is wanting to donate some land for a new school. That's all I know about this.

What will they do with the 1926 building?

What will they do with the 1926 building?

I think they'll keep it in use for something, the land the school stands on was the name of a family that donated the land to the school(Deming), I really have heard to different things that might happen they may build a school outside of town or add on to the present location.

I think they'll keep it in use for something, the land the school stands on was the name of a family that donated the land to the school(Deming), I really have heard to different things that might happen they may build a school outside of town or add on to the present location.

I hope they do it has a lot of history in that building. Some of my family used to attend a long time ago (I know my dad and grandfather did).

I have to admit though that building is not in the great shape that KDE states. Deming (1926) is ranked 5 in red which means need major renovations. While compared to Augusta's buiilding (1896) it is ranked a 4.

Is it true that some of those trees are out in front of the building are dedicated to some Alumni that have died?