Bengal Assistant Coaches

Many believe Guenther is heading to Oakland. Marvin wanted more control of the coaches, Alexander is a lifetime Bengal coach which tells me he's in good with Mike Brown. I have a feeling he's going to be gone if in fact Marvin has more say in his staff.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Why not is huge for me. The line could not have been any worse and in fact got substantially better the last 2 games. Makes me wonder what the hell they have been looking at in practice. Boling might be the best tackle on the team.

Agreed. I like him better at tackle than guard. The line may not be as bad off as we think if they guys at right spot. Still need a RT and a Center and then some depth too.

Some great points made by everyone on the talent assessment/evaluation issues. All point to one thing--This staff, from top to bottom is incompetent and/or doesn't know how to evaluate or utilize talent.

Not the cornerstone of a winning franchise, yet the top dog gets a contract extension; and will undoubtedly bring back some of his cronies?? Mind boggling!! :lol:

Didn't catch the presser. Any chance you can highlight what he talked about?

Sorry just saw this. He just talked about implementing change. How they may try to build off some of the things that worked this year. However that he believes a playbook should play to the strength of the players. Find out what they are good at, and build on that.

He also talked about how Dalton has to be better. And that he is going to challenge and make Dalton uncomfortable in how he works him because he believes that forces a player to reach their potential and grow.

So I feel like the offense truly will be Lazors next year. They will now be hiring a new qb, wr, and ol coach. So it will be a different system we see. Probably on defense too with a new DC. So it will definitely force players to have to actually work harder to have to learn new systems.

Sorry just saw this. He just talked about implementing change. How they may try to build off some of the things that worked this year. However that he believes a playbook should play to the strength of the players. Find out what they are good at, and build on that.

He also talked about how Dalton has to be better. And that he is going to challenge and make Dalton uncomfortable in how he works him because he believes that forces a player to reach their potential and grow.

So I feel like the offense truly will be Lazors next year. They will now be hiring a new qb, wr, and ol coach. So it will be a different system we see. Probably on defense too with a new DC. So it will definitely force players to have to actually work harder to have to learn new systems.

Why is it that it's taken Marvin 13 years to come up with the idea that the team needs a playbook that plays to players strengths. Is he serious? Is he that slow a learner? Unbelievable if he said that.

Bengals have come to an agreement with Lions DC Teryl Austin to the same position.

Really solid hire, unfortunately, I doubt he's there more than a year before becoming a HC somewhere.

Ken Broo mentioned something a week ago that Jack Del Rio was rumored to be in line for this position