Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengal Assistant Coaches

Featured Replies

Bengals have come to an agreement with Lions DC Teryl Austin to the same position.

 

Really solid hire, unfortunately, I doubt he's there more than a year before becoming a HC somewhere.

 

I hope he is aggressive and likes to blitz.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope he is aggressive and likes to blitz.

 

One thing I am certain. If you were a DC, you'd be coming every play. :ylsuper:

I hope he is aggressive and likes to blitz.

 

From what I am hearing, you are going to get your wish.

  • Author
My bad. My quick research showed Buffalo. I mistook that for the Bills instead of the University of Buffalo. Still not sold on him though. I want a longer, more stable track record.

 

What good offensive coordinator would have been available for the Bengals to get who has a longer more stable track record? If they were available that means they didn't have a job anymore, so that doesn't show they are reliable. If you go for a young qb coach you get one without experience. So not exactly sure what you expected with this hire other than you just wanted someone different.

  • Author
From what I am hearing, you are going to get your wish.

 

From what I read is he is someone who doesn't blitz much. Wants an aggressive defense but not necessarily blitzing but more at creating turnovers.

  • Author
I hope he is aggressive and likes to blitz.

 

You and your blitzing lol.

Marvin doesn't like blitzing defenses that is why Frazier was let go a few years ago.

^Are you talking about Leslie Frazier? He hasn't been in the Bengals organization for almost 15 years...

^Are you talking about Leslie Frazier? He hasn't been in the Bengals organization for almost 15 years...

 

How ever many years Marvin got rid of him because he liked to blitz.

So let's see where we are at this point:

 

New DC = Trey Austin

 

New OC = Bill Lazor (counting as new because he didn't have an offseason to put in his offense)

 

New WR Coach = Bob Bicknell

 

New QB Coach = Probably will be Jon Kitna

 

New OL Coach = TBD - PLEASE DO NOT BRING MCNALLY BACK

 

Did I miss any?

So let's see where we are at this point:

 

New DC = Trey Austin

 

New OC = Bill Lazor (counting as new because he didn't have an offseason to put in his offense)

 

New WR Coach = Bob Bicknell

 

New QB Coach = Probably will be Jon Kitna

 

New OL Coach = TBD - PLEASE DO NOT BRING MCNALLY BACK

 

Did I miss any?

 

Heard Willie Anderson bucking for that OL job last night on the radio, but knows he will not get it because of lack of experience.

Heard Willie Anderson bucking for that OL job last night on the radio, but knows he will not get it because of lack of experience.

 

That would be a very Mike Brown move to hire Willie. I think he spent his whole career playing underneath Paul Alexander who was just let go

  • Author
That would be a very Mike Brown move to hire Willie. I think he spent his whole career playing underneath Paul Alexander who was just let go

 

Yep. I like Willie Anderson. I wouldn't mind if they brought him in as an assistant to the OL coach they hire.

They also released the DB coach. Hopefully the new one will move on from Adam Jones

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.