Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengal Assistant Coaches

Featured Replies

So I'm trying to distract myself from knowing Marvin is still here, and how it could possibly maybe work out, blah.

 

However what assistant coaches would you like to see gone, who would you want back. Anyone out there you would like them to get?

 

If they also keep this the same, then I just don't know.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

For me Pauly G is gone which is good. Hopefully Darrin Simmons is gone. Lazor I'm back and forth on. I wouldn't mind seeing them move on, but part of me thinks he could be ok with a whole off season and installing some of his stuff.

 

Please move on from Alexander and get a new line coach.

I hope beyond hope they get a new O line coach. Any chance Haslett gets D coordinator job if PG is gone like ESPN is reporting?

Geunther and Alexander can both hit the bricks. I’m ok with giving Lazor another year. He should get a full off-season to refine/redo the offense.

I would say Paulie G is gone with Del Rio and his close ties to Marvin being a candidate. Not sure he wants to coach for a while after the treatment in Oakland, though. Haslett is a consideration, but that doesn't do anything for me. Now Rex Ryan is close to Marvin. I see that as a disaster, which means that is what will happen.

 

ML pretty much said Lazor will be back. He said he didnt get a chance because he didn't really put his own system in fully due to coming in duringthe season.

 

Simmons and Alexander will be back if they want to. Mikey isn't changing much.

 

I don't know who is calling the shots, but Mikey is on pay, maybe not the person.

Alexander has been know to be a solid Oline coach for many years. Why the call for him to be gone? Has he suddenly forgot how to coach?

At least you guys aren't the Browns....Ken Zampese is interviewing for the OC gig there...:lol2:

  • Author
Alexander has been know to be a solid Oline coach for many years. Why the call for him to be gone? Has he suddenly forgot how to coach?

 

I think Alexander since he has been here forever got that rep of being solid because be has been here forever. However just because you been somewhere forever doesn't mean your still good. The game has also changed a lot since he first started. Now with all these colleges be more spread systems and more athletic lineman. I don't think he has adjusted well to how to coach those type of players up our of college. Ced was regarded as a top 5 pick coming out before his injury but the dude looks horrible here. He has nothing but praise for his center who grades as one of the worst centers year in and year out. The line as a whole has been bad 2 straight years. With the line being bad this year, barely any changes were made. It took injuries for a few young guys to play these last 2 weeks, and the line looked the best as it has all year. Makes you question the evaluation of him on who he chooses to play. When lineman who were never activated on game day all year, show to do pretty well when given the chance.

 

Let's not forget about the Eric Guicheck years at center and him sticking with him even though he was terrible like Bodine. Or how he kept choosing Nate Livings at guard over Evan Mathis even though the line did better with Mathis in. We let Mathis leave and Mathis ends up being a pro bowler.

 

I think his evaluation of who should play is very questionable at best. Has not adjusted well to the new type of lineman.

  • Author
At least you guys aren't the Browns....Ken Zampese is interviewing for the OC gig there...:lol2:

 

I would assume Jackson is doing that as a friend since they worked together here. I doubt he hires him. Or if he does Jackson probably will call the plays, and it will be like when they were here together. When Jackson called plays and he was in the booth as the qb coach.

I think Alexander since he has been here forever got that rep of being solid because be has been here forever. However just because you been somewhere forever doesn't mean your still good. The game has also changed a lot since he first started. Now with all these colleges be more spread systems and more athletic lineman. I don't think he has adjusted well to how to coach those type of players up our of college. Ced was regarded as a top 5 pick coming out before his injury but the dude looks horrible here. He has nothing but praise for his center who grades as one of the worst centers year in and year out. The line as a whole has been bad 2 straight years. With the line being bad this year, barely any changes were made. It took injuries for a few young guys to play these last 2 weeks, and the line looked the best as it has all year. Makes you question the evaluation of him on who he chooses to play. When lineman who were never activated on game day all year, show to do pretty well when given the chance.

 

Let's not forget about the Eric Guicheck years at center and him sticking with him even though he was terrible like Bodine. Or how he kept choosing Nate Livings at guard over Evan Mathis even though the line did better with Mathis in. We let Mathis leave and Mathis ends up being a pro bowler.

 

I think his evaluation of who should play is very questionable at best. Has not adjusted well to the new type of lineman.

 

I agree 100% with your assessment, I asked the same question the last 2 weeks when guys who are never activated come in, play, and the rushing attack improves by 100%. I have thought for a long time that Alexander was over rated.

Anyone that keeps Westerman and Redmon on the sidelines all year while the lineup that was thrown out all year was crap, should not have a job in the NFL. Paul Alexander shouldve been gone yesterday.

  • Author
Anyone that keeps Westerman and Redmon on the sidelines all year while the lineup that was thrown out all year was crap, should not have a job in the NFL. Paul Alexander shouldve been gone yesterday.

 

It just makes no sense on why they wouldn't at least try other people earlier. It's not like the line could have got much worse at that time. Quite honestly I am starting to think Boling as been at the wrong position this whole time. I have never liked him at guard, but he didn't look to bad at tackle.

Anyone that keeps Westerman and Redmon on the sidelines all year while the lineup that was thrown out all year was crap, should not have a job in the NFL. Paul Alexander shouldve been gone yesterday.

 

I thought Westerman looked good on Sunday, have heard for 2 years that he is a mauler and how strong he is, looks like they were right in the assessment, maybe one of the guard riddles has been answered.

It just makes no sense on why they wouldn't at least try other people earlier. It's not like the line could have got much worse at that time. Quite honestly I am starting to think Boling as been at the wrong position this whole time. I have never liked him at guard, but he didn't look to bad at tackle.

Exactly. Why not is huge for me. The line could not have been any worse and in fact got substantially better the last 2 games. Makes me wonder what the hell they have been looking at in practice. Boling might be the best tackle on the team.

Schefter reporting that Lazor is being kept and signed to a new deal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.